Thursday, 15 May 2008

Autumn



Autumn has always been my favourite time of year. Here in Melbourne Autumn is very different to the European one I grew up with, but I still love it – perhaps even more now, as it is such a relief to say goodbye to the frighteningly hot summer for another year. Today I was treated to a perfect Autumn day, crisp enough to wear tights but not so much as to need a coat. This morning I met up with a friend for coffee, and she gave me some wonderful presents: a little Holly Hobbie saucer, two vintage magazines full of amazing typography, and...



... aubergine wool!

I have been wanting to make a purple scarf for ages, and she remembered. The shade is perfect! I am a lucky girl.

Later I went for another coffee (it has been a great caffeinated day! Too much? No, no, not at all.) and a walk in the late afternoon sunshine. Feeling Autumnal, I wore my new yellow sandals and a purple dress, which just happened turned out to match my new wool. Happy surprise! As the sun goes down, it is getting cold enough to need a scarf... this new one will be perfect.




1 comment:

Dusty said...

Love your socks over the tights! Just gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...