Monday, 5 May 2008

A new home

Yesterday, I did something I have been wanting to do for a while... I got some vintage lace to hang my brooches on.
I had been looking for some lace, but with no luck. Finally, I found some vintage crochet that was just perfect. It was not the fine, gauzy lace I had originally had in mind, but this was just right. Sometimes things don't work out as you'd imagined, but are still just as good. Or even better!


I was going to pin the lace to the wall with some dark copper coloured drawing pins, but, as I couldn't find these at home, I used some bright orange, chunky ones instead. Much more modern than I had planned! It was going to be a temporary measure, but I really like the effect.

I only had three orange pins, but I needed to pin all four corners, and then I remembered I had these!

Now, I have a home for my brooches.





vintage fabric and resin brooch, from April May
Victorian lady brooch, from Milly Sleeping

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...