Friday, 27 June 2008

pumpkin



Last weekend, I made a pumpkin lantern. It has inspired me to put together an outfit for a party Saturday night. Following my spooky theme, I am wearing blacks and oranges... a black exposed-zip dress over a sheer silk rust coloured chemise, and rust tights. However, to avoid looking as though I am off to a Hallowe'en party, I have added over-the-knee grey socks, and plan to wear grey heels. To finish it off, I have a headband made from braided silk ribbons, in similar warm-and-cool shades. I think that tomorrow I will skip the rust tights, and wear grey ones instead... and perhaps brown boots... decisions!







When I started to put this together, I realised it reminded me of the Luella and Willow AW08 shows, which I love. When I was a little girl, Hallowe'en was my favourite day of the year – more than birthdays and Christmas. Every year I would dress up as a witch, complete with a broomstick and pointy hat. Perhaps this year I will do this again!

8 comments:

Victoria-H said...

Aw thank you so much.. and I love the closeups on your pictures.. :P I really do..

esme and the lane way said...

Thanks you! :)

L. said...

Those colours are really great together! I loved the Luella 'witchy' collection, esp. the pumpkin tights.

Regarding the shoe glue, I was after Shoo Goo (which everyone raves about) but they didn't have that at Bunnings, they said to use Selleys Kwik Grip. It's worked okay so far... Best of luck!

esme and the lane way said...

I.: Thanks! And thank you for the shoe glue tip too, I will look for some today.

Raggamuffin said...

love the way u picture your outfits :)

esme and the lane way said...

raggamuffin: thank you very much! It is fun to do.

Lady Melbourne said...

What an adorable blog, thank you for commenting on my pages- I'm so glad I've discovered this!
I will add you to my reading list, keep it up.
LM
x

esme and the lane way said...

Lady Melbourne – thanks very much! I'm flattered.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...