Monday, 23 June 2008

winter solstice at hanging rock



This weekend, I went to stay in a friends house at Hanging Rock. I couldn't resist; I went dressed with the film in mind, wearing a white dress and brown boots. We got there just as the sun was starting to go down, and I explored the huge garden, as the Victorian weather made the famed transitions from sunny to rainy and back again. It really is a magical place.












When it was dark, we made a hallowe'en lantern (not strictly timely, but it has a flame, and it was fun), lit a fire in the fire place, ate and drank and played music... the clock was wrong, but it didn't matter. Later we went for a walk, looking for kangaroos, and the moon was so bright it was casting shadows... no kangaroos, but plenty of kanga-berries.





The next morning, I picked some beautiful winter flowers for my hair. I had to take the 'natural' idea all the way – no curling tongs, make up etc! Sometimes it is nice to get away from all that.

5 comments:

Victoria-H said...

Dig the hair, you know :P

esme and the lane way said...

Thanks!

jeunedemoiselle said...

Wonderful photos! I love your outfit!

esme and the lane way said...

jeunedemoiselle: thank you very much! I had a lot of fun taking them.

a cat of impossible colour said...

I love the way you give a glimpse into your life with these beautiful photos - it really gives a sense of the atmosphere of the day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...