Wednesday, 30 July 2008

afternoon

I am managing to avoid doing too much work today, as it is so sunny and bright outside. I couldn't possibly look at the screen with such a glare, oh no, no, that wouldn't do. Being my own boss makes me like my employer very much, but it is not always the most productive way of doing things – or rather, not doing things. With no deadline absolutely bearing down just yet, I keep finding other things to do...



Like walking to the DVD store and back. VERY important, obviously. I found time to take a few quick shots, but no head-to-toe ones; just little details. Today I am wearing my much-loved vintage boots (a lot more comfy than yesterday's shoes, especially when walking more than ten steps) and, as of the afternoon, a slim cream belt (that perfectly matches the vintage silk dress I am wearing) found at a local op shop a little earlier today – again, when I was absolutely being very busy and important and just taking the smallest of breaks. This freedom isn't going to last for ever, so I may as well make the most of it!

I walked home down a different street than usual, and saw the most amazing front door. Oh, to go home into that... I also saw a beautiful overgrown house, and an alien river... and that's not photoshop, the sky really was that blue.



Aha – I see dark grey clouds coming in. Maybe not so much sun – and not so many distractions – tomorrow!

8 comments:

StrikeMatch said...

I'm completely in love with your photos. It must be nice to be your own boss, I just have to op shop like a fiend in my lunch breaks.

a cat of impossible colour said...

I hear you, sister! :) I have exactly the same problem being my own boss, too. This week isn't so bad because I have a couple of pressing deadlines, but when I don't ... well, it's very tempting to stop and smell the roses. :)

Photographs are gorgeous, as always!

esme and the lane way said...

strike.match: gosh, thanks! It does have its perks, but it can't last forever – I'll be back in the real world by around September.

a cat of impossible colour: it's so true! And the roses do smell so nice this time of year... and thanks!

Miss Karen L said...

Absolutely gorgeous photography - you make your surroundings look so beautiful!

Miss Iceberg said...

Your photographs are beautiful and truly capture the essence of a Melbourne winter. Thank you for sharing!

Lauren Williams said...

I love your blog! and your shoes :-)I've been admiring all of them for a while!

Lady Melbourne said...

You must be around Carlton or Fitzroy yes?
What lovely scenery, I was stuck indoors today but I was sure it was a lovely day outside!
LM

esme and the lane way said...

Miss karen l: thanks!

miss iceberg: thank you, I'm glad they do, it's what I try to get... and it's my pleasure!

lauren williams: thanks! I do like a good chunky heel.

lady melbourne: very close, good call! Shame you were stuck inside, but it was also very cold so you would have styed nice and warm indoors. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...