Tuesday, 29 July 2008

blue and blue



Today was a brilliant, sunny winter day. I headed off to my local park, to use my tripod for the first time. I thought I'd feel really self conscious, but I didn't at all. The light was that kind of bright-and-dark light, like what things look like when you're wearing sunglasses. I am wearing my nanna cardi again (so warm, so itch free!) with a thrifted silk knit stripy dress, blue ribbed socks and chunky, strappy brown heels.





I rarely wear make up during the day, but I felt like having very rosy cheeks with the blues. This is what my hair now looks like down; I am waiting for it to grow, but i do like having the fringe.


(Please excuse the squinty face, it was so sunny, and I was trying to hold the camera steady. Not the best way to look normal :) )

The walk home takes me past this awesome, massive blue building, which looks like a Victorian mansion. I heard plane go overhead, in the same direction as a seagull, but a little faster, and a little higher.





The sky has started to go kind of milky and white, and I'm hoping we will have more rain. I know this may seem like a strange wish, especially for those of you not in Aus, but here, in the drought, and after seeing the ponds empty, I love it when it rains. Plus I am English, after all!



Today's soundtrack included David Bowie, Dead Kennedys, Fu Manchu (so loud my screen was wavey), some Beasts of Bourbon, and now Blondie. I played my (electric) guitar for the first time in months last night, and loved it. I had no idea I missed it so much. More distorted noise will be made tonight.

16 comments:

Orhan Kahn said...

Great pictures. Some quality shots there.

Mila said...

Very lovely! You are a very pretty girl!!

;)

Miss Karen L said...

I love your photography - the pictures are so beautiful! And I always love a bit of rosy cheek, goes so well with the blues!

MR style said...

wow the pics u shot are so nice ! i lve the way u centered the pictures

kate said...

Hi I just discovered your blog via loveology and I like it a lot! Your photos are so lovely and you have the most fantastic outfits! Will be back for sure!

a cat of impossible colour said...

I always love your posts, they give such lovely snapshots of your life. These photos are great!

esme and the lane way said...

Orhan Kahn: thanks.

mila: thank you very much :)

miss karen l: thanks. Me too, though it doesn't look as rosy here. More, next time!

mr style: thank you.

kate: thanks very much! I am going to check out your blog too.

a cat of impossible colour: thanks so much.

PorcelainBlonde said...

Stunning photos!
Love the rosy cheek makeup on you - you've got lovely skin so it really suits you.
Very pretty :)

Lady Melbourne said...

What a delightful post, I can't wait to meet you in person!
I love the way you see your surroundings and in turn show us what you see. It has been a delightful day, I have some lovely photos taken in the sun as well.

esme and the lane way said...

PorcelainBlonde: thanks very much – I can be a little insecure about my skin, so that is nice to hear. :)

Lady Melbourne: thanks, me too, with you! I can't wait to see your pics :) The sunlight has been incredible these last few days.

A dreamer said...

amazing photos. the sky and trees etc look so lovely in these shots.

yiqin; said...

The last photo is so beautiful! YOU are beautiful! You have lovely cheeks!! I love your jacket & the shade of your tights are perfect!

esme and the lane way said...

A dreamer: thanks! The light here has been amazing this week.

yiqin;: aw, thanks!

Rachael said...

I adore this outfit, you have inspired me to try to wear blue again.

Your photos are always so very beautiful.

Annie said...

The fringe looks very good on you... I love the red bag and blue tights. & David Bowie. ;)

loou said...

you pictures is love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...