Sunday, 27 July 2008

camberwell and a honey well

Early this morning, I went off to Camberwell market, a well known flea market here in Melbourne that takes place every Sunday. I arrived around 8am, latte in hand and spring in step, ready to find some diamonds in the dirt.

thrifted wool honey jumper, thrifted skirt, scarf made by me

I don't think the market gods were with me today, as things seemed really quite expensive and, good as it was being able to touch the goodies as I browsed, my poor fingers – at this point glove-less – were freezing. The sky got pretty black, and after an hour or so I decided it was time to go. I did score an amazing navy high-waisted skirt (pics when it is washed and ironed) for a super-low $2, and – AND! – my fiance found a tripod! Perhaps the gods weren't so very far away... I now have a 1.5m tripod, as light as a feather and in great working order. Freedom at last!

A warm breakfast was now needed and so we headed off to Mixed Business in Clifton Hill for another coffee and some porridge. Here the servings are generous and the coffee perfect. We soon warmed up.


My nails are still dark red and I liked them with my honey-coloured jumper.

Deciding that DVD-watching was in order for the rest of the day, we headed off to our local indie shop. Feeling brave after brekkie, we chose to walk, and I am so glad we did. It was cold but beautiful. The rain paused for us, and everything was glowing.





16 comments:

Tim said...

Love the jumper and the flower pics.

- T

www.MostEmailedNews.com

a cat of impossible colour said...

Sounds like the perfect Sunday!

Karima said...

beautiful pictures. i love the colors of your outfit!

Skye said...

Gorgeous photos - you are going to make some art with that tripod!

StrikeMatch said...

I really love your photos. They are so mysterious and dark looking. My favourite is the lavender contrasted against the yellow.

esme and the lane way said...

tim: thanks.

a cat of impossible colour: it wasso nice, now it's monday and not as nice :)

karima: thanks!

skye: thanks – haha, we'll see!

strike,match: thanks very much!

Miss Karen L said...

gorgeous, gorgeous photos! Also I really love your outfit there - I'm always intigued by mustard but can't seem to pull it off at all and it goes so well with the white skirt!

Skye said...

I have to let you know I have tagged you for an award over on my blog, hope you're having another lovely day...

Fashion Addict said...

Flea markets sound really fun! I rarely go to them, so just hearing about them is exciting! And the photos are really great!

BTW, would you like to do a link exchange with me?

esme and the lane way said...

Miss Karen L: thanks! Mustard scares me too, so I kept the cream scarf next to my face – I don;t think I can carry it off without it!

skye: exciting! Thanks very much!

Fashion Addict: thank you. And I'd love to exchange links!

CoutureCarrie said...

I adore all the honey yellows in these pics!

Mila said...

Lovely post....
Really like your blog!

:) Mila.

esme and the lane way said...

couturecarrie: thanks :)

mila: thanks. I just visited yours and it is so beautiful! I am going to add you to my link list.

Annie said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty...

esme and the lane way said...

annie: thank you!

I V Y O L O G Y said...

You add such beautiful pictures, it feels like I'm in a fairytale :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...