Friday, 4 July 2008

Friday 4th July 2008

I have been feeling inspired lately to wear contrasting outfits, such as pale clothing with dark accessories. Today, I did just that.

cardi–cue, skirt–savers, belt–country road, tights–sportsgirl, shoes–vintage

I went to the CCP (centre for contemporary photography) at lunchtime, having had a delicious coffee in a cute little cafe just 20 metres away beforehand. (A photography gallery seems to go hand in hand with thinking about contrast, though this was not intentional!.) My outfit included a stone coloured skirt, a pale silk top and aubergine tights, topped off with a black belt (hi-yaa! no, no, just a leather one) and black shoes. This strong contrast is new for me; usually I would have chosen softer shades to wear with pale clothes – browns, greys, and sometimes bright colours. It is something I liked, and plan to do more of this winter.

Leaving the gallery, I noticed lots of contrasty things that caught my eye.


a cat of impossible colour said...

Haha, the black belt comment cracked me up :)

I really like the way you are playing with contrast at the moment ... it seems really appropriate for winter, with its pale sunlight and deep shadows.

esme and the lane way said...


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...