Saturday, 26 July 2008

Fitzroy Gardens

Today I took a walk in the Fitzroy Gardens. My nanna cardigan is finally dry, and had it's first outing, as did the dusty pink skirt I shortened a few days ago. Both were wonderfully warm, and I didn't need to wear my leather jacket, as I do most days. If my camera battery hadn't run out (it gives only a few minutes warning, grrr, not enough!) I would have taken lots of pictures of this beautiful part of Melbourne, full of unusual plants and flowers even in the middle of winter.




Later we went to a friends house, and I painted my nails with one of her varnishes. I chose a dark red shade, as I like the contrast it has with the soft colours I am wearing.


Tomorrow morning, very early (I am not a morning person, so a coffee will be needed) I am going to a flea market. Hopefully I will return with some goodies – I am looking for some leather cases, a large mug, and, of course, clothing!

9 comments:

Earth blog said...

Nice blog!

Skye said...

Are you going to camberwell tomorrow? Wishing you lots of good market scavenging luck!

Grant said...

Love the ensemble; you look like you're about to walk into a Children's Fairytale. And that shade of red contrasts beautifully with the softer pallet of the ensemble. Xx

STYLE AND THE CITY . COM - PARIS said...

hi from Paris stylish lady Esme

as every saturday, i visit my friends and to discovered the best fashion blog
and unfortunately, yours belong to them ! lol

it's 2 pm here in Paris and i plan a great day of street style shooting in the streets of Paris.
Summer is beautiful in Paris.
Have you seen the amazing style i shooted this week ?
I am sure you'll find lots of inspiration.

i'll be glad to keep in touch, drink wine, switch links ! lol

i wish you a great day MKL
keep on being stylish and silly !

cheers from Paris

Kamel
STYLE AND THE CITY . COM - PARIS

Lady Melbourne said...

Nana cardigan is gorgeous and so is your nail polish. I hope you find some wonderful things to show us tomorrow, it's one of my favourite things to do on a Sunday.
LM
x

Miss Karen L said...

Gosh it's been ages since I visited Fitzroy Gardens, I forgot how beautiful it is. I love your outfit too - it looks perfect against the greenery!

esme and the lane way said...

earth blog: thanks.

skye: Yes! Thanks – I think I did quite well, it's posted now :)

grant: thank you! It was quite a fairytale spot, so that is appropriate :)

STYLE AND THE CITY . COM - PARIS: thanks.

lady melbourne : thanks – two things, but they are great things!

Miss Karen L: me too, it is easy to forget about these local things. And thank you!

Orhan Kahn said...

Another few good pictures. And you look adorable.

esme and the lane way said...

orhan kahn: thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...