Saturday, 19 July 2008

fresh fruit

The last couple of days have been quite fruitful for me. Yesterday I checked out an op shop way out in the 'burbs and was lucky enough to find a vintage – yes, actual proper vintage! – '70s chiffon floral print dress for five whole bucks! It has a pleated skirt, and even a neck tie... I am looking forward to wearing this out soon. I also found a vintage pure wool nanna cardigan – as in thick, chunky and with little brown leather buttons. I realised the other day that I actually could do with some more warm winter clothing, and this will be perfect for snuggling into.




I also went into town today, to buy some cookware. One pink silicone cake tin is now mine. I just find that pretty things are just so much nicer to use, don't you? I would love to find some second hand kitchen bits – especially a big mug for tea and hot chocolate– but my searches are yet to turn anything up.



I don't look very happy here, perhaps because it is very windy and my hair was in my eyes. I also just have the grumpiest expression when relaxed, even though I am in a perfectly good mood. I think it is about to rain, and that is why it is so dark here, too. Oh, and the hat isn't hiding any disaster from the other day. The colour-removing went well, and I am getting a cut this coming Friday, which I really do need. I am just keeping warm.

Finally, I got some Jelly Beans! This is very unusual for me, as I don't really like sweets, or lollies, as they are called here. I do like the look and smell of them though. A few weeks ago, my mother-in-law gave us some Jelly Beans, and I found myself really enjoying them. Myer has a new sweety section right next to the cooking department (clever bunnies) and, so, while I was there...

... I got a handful. Yummy flavours and colours: cotton candy (candy floss, where I come from! I want candy floss hair, but that's another story), toasted marshmallow, cinnamon, and cream soda. Don't they look nice?

15 comments:

Skye said...

Love the dress and cardi! Good scores. And now I'm craving jelly belly beans, even though I'm not a sweetie eater either. I blame your lovely photos!

L. said...

The dress looks adorable. It always feels great to actually discover real vintage. Candy floss hair would be the best, but I'm scared of bleach...

yiqin; said...

You look so good in the beanie!! Ahh I want a jacket like that too!!! & you're making me hungry wit the jelly beans :(

dlittlegarden said...

The dress and the sweater are both dreamy thrift finds!

I rarely have jelly beans, either, but their shape and many flavors/colors are really appealing.

jessmc said...

the dress you found looks like it is so gorgeous! you gave me an idea so find a lovely dress and then knit a sweater just to match it. ;)

Grace's said...

lovely pictures :-)

jessmc said...

p.s. i write a feature about you on my blog. ;)

Lady Melbourne said...

Sounds like you've done all the comforting things winter calls for! What an excellent opp-shop find you have in that dress and cardigan, quite envious!
And the jelly beans- how delicious!

esme and the lane way said...

skye: thanks!

L: I know, it was a lucky one

yiqin: thanks :)

dlittlegarden: thanks! I know what you mean, it makes them seem so nice.

jessmc: thanks – and thank you! I will check it out.

grace's: thanks very much

lady melbourne: thanks! Yep, I love winter, and all the wrapping up and hot beverages. Yum.

Annie said...

That outfit is perfection.

And I love jellybellies--toasted marshmallow is my favorite flavor! Oh, and cantelope too...

Amelia said...

that's a great cardi! I was wondering if you knew about Melbourne's collaborative op shopping blog 'I op therefore I am'

http://melb-opshopping.blogspot.com/

there are links there to maps and addresses of Melbourne's op shops. let me know if you are interested in joining.

regards, Amelia

flair to remember said...

that cardigan is amazing! fantastic find!

Fashion Tidbits said...

nice cardi! nothing better than a thick and textured one such as that!

esme and the lane way said...

flair to remember: thanks – it took a while but I'm glad I kept looking!

fashion tidbits: thank you; I should be pretty warm in it :)

amelia: I have, I would love to join!

annie: thanks, and aren't they addictive? So many flavours, so hard to decide...

colette rose said...

love the hair SO much. i've saved the pic and i'm going to do this to my own hair...
xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...