Wednesday, 9 July 2008

Melbourne in the morning in winter

This morning I rode my bike down the beautiful street that leads to one of my favourite vintage shops. I had planned to take a few photos of the shop, and buy a stripey pleated skirt I've seen in there for months. But it wasn't open, even though the sign said it would be. The sign lied! Will the skirt still be there when I return?!

There are loads of really cool cars where I live.

Anyway, it was really quite cold this morning – 4C – but misty and sunny. I took my time on the way down there, and actually stopped to take a few pictures, which I've always wanted to do but never found the time for, until today.

I love my bike, but it's a shame my helmet doesn't quite match the style! Safety first!

Thrifted pure wool cardigan. Listening to Beirut and Ennio Morricone. But not on the bike.


fashionhayleytokyo said...

Brrr I'm feeling cold right now. You make me miss living in Fitzroy (I grew up there), I am now only 10 minutes away in the city but I miss the beauty of old terrace buildings and all the yummy cafes. I'm not sure if your local area is Fitzroy, but it looks very similar.

Lady Smaggle said...

I just passed on an award to you!

esme and the lane way said...

fashionhayleytokyo: it was SOO chilly yesterday. That Antarctic wind! And good spot, I'm very close to Fitzroy!

Lady Smaggle: I'm intrigued! I'm going to have a look now..

L. said...

You look so adorable in your helmet. I wish that it was easy to find cute looking helmets because then I would biking a lot more.

Melbourne looks so lovely. I've always wanted to live there or anywhere more south, and it looks like I might get to in the new year.

esme and the lane way said...

I: haha thanks! I know, why isn't there a range? I'm sure loads of people would like them. I had to spray paint mine black to cover the frightening pink+purple flower pattern! And Melbourne in lovely,that's exciting that you may move down! Prepare for the cold :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...