Thursday, 3 July 2008

more yellow... on a grey day

Today I rode my bike into the local shopping area to buy some tights.



As I have mentioned before, early this year I decided to not buy any new clothing until August 15th. This covers clothes, shoes, accessories... but not smalls and tights! I have been lucky and thrifted new one pair of long socks and one pair of ribbed tights, but these are very hard to come by. Tights are an essential part of my winter wardrobe, and so I don't think it is so very bad to get them... I love them!

I feel I have two ideas when it comes to socks and tights; sometimes I like neutral – grey, cream, sage, navy, black – and sometimes I like bright ones. The tights I bought today were neutral: grey ribbed, black ribbed, and a pair of thick, soft, woolly, long brown socks. All essential, and all will be worn and enjoyed very soon.

Today, heading out in the grey weather, I chose to wear my brightest socks: very long 'gold' ones! When it is so gloomy outside, there are times when I like to brighten up my day. I wore these socks with black lace up shoes, a strong contrast which I liked. However, to keep from looking too harsh (and perhaps too bee-like!) I wore a dark denim skirt and my charcoal leather jacket. Other colours I would like to wear with these yellow tights include navy, and of course grey. Next time...


3 comments:

L. said...

They are socks too! You manage to find the best ones. I wore the Sportsgirl ones for the first time and they were so warm. Heaps warmer than tights.

I'm in two minds about stockings too. I figure if my outfit is muted, my legwear should be bright and vice versa. But then I break that self imposed rule, all the time too.

esme and the lane way said...

I: Thanks – these ones are actually from welovecolors.com, and I feel bad about shipping tights around the world, but I just couldn't find them here a few months ago. I'm stocking up on them while they are in fashion!

Jay said...

i love the tights{ and i cant wait to buy new clothes this year i'm going for something thats new and different[ i'm not sure but i'm changing my hair to
linked you and tagged you my dear]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...