Wednesday, 23 July 2008

fairy floss hair



Yesterday I felt like a change. I want to wear my hair like a cloud, big and high and fluffy. I teased it and pinned it up, and added flowers.



I have mentioned before I want fairy floss hair, and now all I need is the pale pink shade.




I am going to wear my hair like this for the rest of the week. I don't normally do anything to style my hair, so I need a little more practice to get it right. I do love it up like this. My hair resists most styling efforts, and even intense teasing with heavy duty hairspray falls out in minutes, as my hair stubbornly returns to it's natural straight state. Any tips would be most appreciated!

Today I am wearing an outfit inspired by the 1940s, perhaps inspired in turn by the slight victory roll-shape in my hair.



Starting at my feet, I have red peep-toe heels with an ankle strap, and thick woolly socks over grey tights. I am looking for a new red pair, as I prefer a chunky heel – ideally I would love a 1940s shape.







To keep warm, I have my vintage 1940s grey wool cardi, worn over a black knee length dress.



I wish I could take better photos. I need to buy a tripod, so waving the camera around my room is the best I can do for now. I hope this gives an idea of the details I have today. :)




22 comments:

Louise said...

Lovely!

A dreamer said...

wow, even without the tripod your photos look amazing. the lighting, the roses, the pink softness =all perfect.

yiqin; said...

Wow, those flowers on your hair are so lovely!!! I need to find some cheap plastic flowers and DIY them soon.

StrikeMatch said...

I love your photos. They make you different and they're dreamy.

I wouldn't be any help with hair, mine is the same. I can tease it and tease it and it will comb out with my fingers..

Skye said...

Such pretty, pretty details and I'm very envious of your woolly socks (especially as it is freeezing here tonight), they look adorable with the red peeps.
PS. I have linked to you.

Annie said...

Your hair! So delicate and pretty...

Oh yeah, I need a tripod too. With a remote!

Lady Melbourne said...

This is such a sweet, sweet post, I love your socks, particularly the grey with your red heels.
I've linked to you and used one of your pics in my latest post, hope thats ok!
LM
x

a cat of impossible colour said...

I'm so impressed that you achieved that style, it looks lovely!

(You would look great with pink hair :D)

esme and the lane way said...

louise: thanks!

a dreamer: thank you :)

yiqi;: thanks. I'd like to try real flowers too, or maybe fabric ones.

strikematch: thank you:) aha and you are my hair soul-mate!

skye: thanks, they are super warm. Oh, and thanks for linking!

Lady Melbourne: thanks! Yes, of course, I'm flattered.

acat of impossible colour: thank you. I did, in my teens, but I think those days are behind me now :) too much maintenance!

esme and the lane way said...

annie: thanks :) and yep, I need a timer, too!

flair to remember said...

love it! the hair, the flowers, the socks, the shoes! gorgeous :) your photos definitely have that dreamy quality, I think they look great!

Fashion Tidbits said...

love the roses in your hair. also dig all the knits you're wearing

esme and the lane way said...

flair to remember: aw, thanks!

fashion tidbits: thank you!

PorcelainBlonde said...

Gosh, your hair looks absolutely gorgeous and I love the socks with the red heels.
Beautiful, fresh and unique.

Lady Smaggle said...

Looks loverly!

The Collector said...

Gosh I really like the look of those thick wooly socks with those read heels... for some odd reason it makes the heels look cosy like a pair of slippers.

Your hair looks very pretty.
And I must say that your photography is very special.

The Collector said...

I mean 'red' not 'read'... but you know this :)

Imelda Matt said...

socks (tights in this instance) and sandals is number number one look! I'm so happy to stumble across another Aussie blogger (via LM)

esme and the lane way said...

PorcelainBlonde: thanks!

lady smaggle: thank you. I am a fan of your hair, as you know!

the collector: thanks, and I actually read it as red... haha how confusing!

imelda matt: thanks, I really like wearing them together. A previous no no is now a yes yes. :)

jessiepink said...

i'm growing my hair out and hence going through the same phase of pinning it all up- it's quite fun! mine is also very straight but i find if i put it in a bun while it's drying i can get some nice curls which look great when pinned up all messily. i'm also loving bobby pins with flowers/birds etc on them! so cute.

Lady Melbourne said...

Esme I can't seem to find an email address for you? I have an invitation to extend, please email me!
LM

esme and the lane way said...

jessiepink: I love the sounds of bird pins. I have some birds with wire feet I want to put in my hair, but pins would be much better – can you tell me where to find them?

lady melbourne: sounds intriguing! I will send you a mail now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...