Thursday, 7 August 2008

black and cream in a flash!

Last night we went out for a friends birthday (a trivia quiz, and we one a free bottle of rather drinkable wine) and this is me as we are heading off, hence lovely, flattering flash pics. After my somewhat hippy-ish Monday, I was needing some more black, black and contrast. I wore a black pleated chiffon skirt, black jumper, and black tights, with a thin cream belt, two tone cream heels and a cream and red scarf.

skirt from Savers, vintage shoes, second hand scarf, bad flash photos and worse facial expressions

I actually prefer having my hair back off my face; the hair style I have now is one I'm really waiting to grow out. It's not the style itself – hey, I think it looks great on several people I can think of right now! – and is even in Chanels' latest campaign, but that's not the point. It just doesn't really feel like me... Anyhoo, I will be wearing my hair back with scarves a fair bit for the next couple of weeks (bike riding to work – in my heels, of course) and will be pinning it up again when bike helmet is not threatening hair height.

Speaking of Monday's dress, I have a new idea of how I want to wear it, which will be more modern and less, um, all-out '70s – which is no bad thing – but I like to try different sides of the coin. Variety and all that. So, while this may not be the most interesting thing to you, I just thought I'd share!

16 comments:

Miss Karen L said...

I love the headscarf look! And I really like your outfit - simple yet chic :D

Skye said...

Congratulations on the wine win! Lovely outfit, and you have the kind of pretty face which can get away with a headscarf and the fiendish flash and still look divine (whereas in a headscarf I look like I should be scrubbing the floors in some gulag on the icy steppe, but that's another story)!

The Collector said...

^ haha at skye's comment - yeah right!

I just wanted to say that this outfit is very simple yet effective. I love cream and black together.

Louise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Louise said...

You look quite different like this, but I really like it, very simple and sophisticated. I am developing a bit of a cream-black fetish myself! It sounds like a fun evening - mmmm free decent wine!

esme and the lane way said...

miss karen l: thanks very much! Oh and you are one of those whom I think looks great with the bob and fringe style!

skye: haha thanks! Oh and I don;t feel very pretty so it's always nice to hear that. :) AND you are v pretty and would no doubt look fab in a scarf! The gulag bit made me lol.

the collector: thanks, me too, sometimes simple is just what I want.

louise: thanks! The cream and black is really fun to wear, and while I didn't get a nice pic of it, it felt really nice to wear in 'real life'. If that made any sense..!

The Waves said...

I really like this look on you! Perhaps it has something to do with feeling like I want something clean and clear-cut to wear myself..!

porter hovey said...

AWWWW! What a lovely outfit. Just so cute. Great taste.

esme and the lane way said...

the waves: thanks! I really enjoyed the simplness, too.

porter hovey: thanks very much!

StrikeMatch said...

Oh you look so different (but lovely!). I've always had a soft spot for light shoes and dark tights.

yiqin; said...

I like how you wore the headscarf! Not many people can pull it off but you did!

esme and the lane way said...

strikematch: thanks! I have been in a harder mood look-wise lately. I need more black!

yiqin;: thanks very much!

a cat of impossible colour said...

Wow, you look gorgeous! Very elegant.

Lady Melbourne said...

This is so pretty!
You look like a grown up ballerina, very chic.
I love the scarf as well, would love to see a detail shot of it.
LM
x

Rachael said...

You look great in black and cream, and I am so very jealous that not only can you pull off a head scarf, you look great with your hair away from your face.

Very good!

esme and the lane way said...

a cat of impossible colour: aw, thank you!

Lady Melbourne: thanks very much! I have one somewhere, I will post it up this afternoon.

Rachael: thanks very much! And I am sure you could too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...