Tuesday, 5 August 2008

just quickly, some ideas...

I wasn't sure about doing a post without any pictures, but I want to do this now, and can always add pics later if I feel I really need to.

There is less than a month of winter to go – 1st September is officially the first day of Spring. I love winter, and all the things I do, like drinking red wine, reading books, and curling up in front of fire places. I also love the clothing. Here are the things I am going to enjoy, clothing wise, over the next month or so...

//boots//dark, dramatic make up//socks over tights//black, and more black//gloves//

I hope to get pics this week, as I definitely will be wearing all of these at some point – though perhaps not all at the same time!


I also feel a real change in the air; I am quite looking forward to Spring, too. Spring time in Melbourne is really nice. When it is a little warmer I think I'll wear:

//thick, patterned tights – the holey kind, not printed ones//white and cream//pale shoes with chunky high heels//more scarves, silky ones, and all over the place!!!//

I don't think I will ever feel 'right' with the seasons here; now I can't help but think it is nearly Autumn, subconsciously at least. I think this is why I am determined to have something of a last hurrah with the cold. And there is plenty of time for it too.

What are you looking forward to as the season changes? What clothes do you think you'll want? And how do those of you in the Southern half of the world find the fashion media influences you – if at all? I'd love to hear how others find all the AW things when we are gearing up for the opposite!


Listening to – I always forget to say! – The Handsome Family, Nathan Hollywood

10 comments:

Miss Victory said...

I just always look forward to autumn and winter because I love the clothes so much more. I'm in to thick military-style coats, chunky retro boots, satchels and hats. Also, in summer and spring in the UK you have to take layers with you everywhere and possibly a change of shoes because the weather is so changeable. With winter I know where I am. Freezing and stylish! :)

Skye said...

Spring in Sydney almost starts in the next week or so - and I live at the beach too, so the time for boots, coats and tights passes very quickly. Gloves don't even make it onto the radar except at night for a week or so.

I have no idea what I'll be wearing, but I'm quite looking forward to finding out! I am absolutely craving colour at the moment though - so that will feature, as will my beloved nude tones. The little dude threw my old straw fedora under a bus, so I need a new hat too.

Miss Karen L said...

Winter and cold weather in general make me very sad and miserable so I'll be glad to see a few rays of sunshine when spring time arrives! I'll be wearing pretty much what I'm already wearing, minus the 2 jackets, scarf and 2 pairs of tights that I have to wear to get through Melbourne winters!

PorcelainBlonde said...

You've inspired me to savour this last month of winter :)

Great post! I find most of my wardrobe very trans-seasonal and I'm not one for fashion rules but there are some fashion opportunities that only the cold climate can offer up :)

The Collector said...

I'm looking forward to wearing sandals and cute dresses as soon as it warms up... on balmy nights you will find me either at a bar or my friend's backyard drinking sav blanc :)

I have enjoyed wearing opaques this Winter.

esme and the lane way said...

Miss Victory: Autumn and winter are my favourites, too. Anytime but summer actually! Retro boots are great.

skye: it has looked warmer there lately! Sorry about the hat :< !!! Looking forward to seeing the colours :)

Miss Karen L: haha! It does get so cold down here, penguin winds and all...

PorcelainBlonde: I'm glad!

The Collector: your summer sounds great!

StrikeMatch said...

Ahhhh, spring! More florals, lace, shawls, puffy skirts. I always miss winter once it's finished but around now I start to get annoyed with all the layering.

esme and the lane way said...

strikematch: mmm, lace, me too. And I'm ready for Spring now – enough of being freezing cold all the time!

I V Y O L O G Y said...

Ugh, I tell you what, I am NOT looking forward to summer in Melbourne. Especially because I don't have an air-con! It's a nightmare, isn't it?

I'm with you, winter is lovely &cosy. But autumn is second best because there's less rain and i can watch movies in the park & frolic :P

I really want a 50's tuelle skirt though. I think I might make one

esme and the lane way said...

I V Y O L O G Y: oh god, me either. If I weren't so dehydrated I'd cry. We also have no aircon; it's cruel!
Cool, I would love to see the skirt when you make it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...