Sunday, 10 August 2008

Yesterday I finally got to go to the Tote again. It's been a while. During the day we had some errands to run – such as buying a pinata (sp?) and finally getting some black ribbon to use as ankle ties. I am still happier with my hair back so I wore a vintage scarf that was a present from my fiance a few years back. However, I am sure there is some perhaps actually written rule about wairing headscarves and no make-up, and, if there is, I went ahead and broke it, as I just prefer to be make-up free in the daytime. To hell with the consequences. The world will cope. I also wore my new (not so new now!) jeans, the ones I bought new. I really love them, and I am glad I broke another rule to get them!

Flared hi-waisted jeans from Country Road, stripy top from Savers, vintage boots – click on pics to see them without the alarming moire effect!

For the Tote I still wanted to have my hair back, and so wore a long ribbon wound twice around my hair, with a bow tied in the side. This time I did include make up (I do enjoy wearing it in the evening) and chose red lips to match my shoes and nails. And seeing red seemed to be a bit of a theme I thought my much-loved red wine should get involved too!




dress from Cue a few years ago, old Sportsgirl shoes, Country Road belt, inexplicable nose-in-air expression from who knows? Ooh room for bad puns! And more dreadful flash photos in ghastly flat, my apologies :)

15 comments:

Miss Karen L said...

I love your headscarf. And your make up is splendid - I love the red details in your outfit!

Orhan Kahn said...

Top outfit needs the jacket. Bottom outfit, with lipstick, is just perfect. So very pretty.

StrikeMatch said...

I think the headscarf/no makeup goes perfectly together. And I really like the black stockings/red shoes. It's lovely.

Skye said...

Very glamorous indeed! The Dunlop Volleys do add a tiny extra soucon of class too!

Super Kawaii Mama said...

You're right, your hair does look much better out of your face IMHO. It brings all the attention to your gorgeous eyes. Lovely.

Meggy_FFW said...

Oh my goodness, these photographs are so lovely. & bring new meaning to the phrase "from day to evening -- the headscarf accentuates your features nicely.

esme and the lane way said...

Miss Karen L: thanks! And I think I have matching red eyes, too – I must look into the red-eye-thingy on the camera!

Orhan Kahn: thanks. I actually like the top outfit both ways, though.

strikematch: thanks very much!

skye: thank you! Haha, yeah, I should have moved those!

Super Kawaii Mama: thanks very much. I definitely feel better with it back most days.

meggy_ffw: thank you!

Louise said...

I'm not sold on the top outfit, but the jeans are hot! Good choice. You look fabulous in the dress, every detail is perfect!!!

esme and the lane way said...

Louise: thanks for the nice bits.

WJ said...

Oh the head accessories are gorgeous, I wish I wasn't so clueless about what to do with my hair. The outfits are gorgeous, as always!

esme and the lane way said...

WJ: thanks so much! I've spent most of the last 15 or so years wondering what to do with my hair, it' a never ending quest for me!

I V Y O L O G Y said...

Ah, a red wine girl! That's the spirit ;) Those white wine people don't know what they're missing.

By the way, you look absolutely fetching. You should wear red lips all the time, they suit you!

esme and the lane way said...

I V Y O L O G Y: red wine every time for me – white so often just tastes of a headache! Thanks about the red lips, I do like wearing them! Even for day time, I have my moods... :)

Liv/e in Both Senses said...

Talk about Knock 'Em Dead!!!

Very nicely pulled off

esme and the lane way said...

Liv/e in Both Senses: hehe, thanks v much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...