Sunday, 12 October 2008

changes (ch-ch-cha?)



This is what I originally had on Friday afternoon... and then I changed my mind... I kind of had a change of heart. Where once it felt so right wearing socks+sandal heels, I don't know how right it feels now.

Woo, here we are on Friday, and how beautiful it is! I'll steer clear of the cliche of four seasons in one day (as true as it may be) and instead give you two seasons in just under a working week. After spending the first half in a winter-like state, I have now unwound the scarf from my neck and enjoyed some sunshine.


wool cardigan and yellow low wedges – thrifted
dress – Venom, (sad but true) last summer
socks – sportsgirl

The last two days have been gorgeous, perfect spring days. Flowers are blooming, their scent fills the air (I'm lucky, I don't get hayfever and can enjoy this) and butterflies are everywhere. Mine came out, too.



I'd like to let you in on a secret: I wore my butterfly brooch for two reasons today. Yes, I like it very much, but it is actually for a far more practical cause – my cardi has a little hole in it. I spotted this pure wool, super-soft cardi in Savers months ago, and, despite not usually going for this colour, I really liked it. It seems a moth might have liked it too. Still, I took it home, made sure it was animal-free, and have found it to be a very versatile, much worn piece in my wardrobe. And the hole is not so bad; it reminds me to wear one of my brooches (something I forgot to do far too often in other clothes) every time.




That rose bush is in the front garden of a beautiful house near my not-quite-so-beautiful home. The man that lives there was outside, and I asked if I could take a couple of pics. He very sweetly said yes – and even found out the name of the flowers from his wife (who does their gardening) for me: Banksia Rose.



On the way home I saw some chairs set up in front of another house. Doesn't this look like a lovely way to spend a Friday afternoon?







Finally, last week this award was passed on to me from the lovely Slice of Style, A Cat of Impossible Colour and the Freelancer. I am so chuffed! I am going to skip over the rules and in turn pass it on to My Tulip Puff and Post Modern Girls and Old Fashioned Men – two blogs I really like. I love the way Post Modern Girls takes her pic's, and the mood of My Tulip Puff.



music velvet underground sweet jane

18 comments:

Nadine said...

I'm such a fan of your blog and your pictures :).

Brigadeiro said...

Nadine took the words right out of my...fingers :) Gorgeous!

gemmabear said...

that brooch is gorgeous!

Nita-Karoliina said...

really pretty picturess!

Blogette said...

That's such a lovely compliment! Your photos are spectacular! Such a lovely brooch!

yiqin; said...

You are SO adorable ! :) I love the yellow in your outfit! Especially the shoes!

A dreamer said...

the colours of your cardi and sandals are gorgeous! it sounds like you live in a great neighbourhood too!

thevintageyear said...

aw, I love this outfit, right down to the socks and sandals. Wherever did you find those glorious yellow wedges??! They're amazing!

loou said...

you look totally adorable.

Saorise, the Irish nymph said...

Thank you so much for the lovely comment and the award!!!!
Lots of love.

xoxo, Saorise

Miss Karen said...

Oh I love that Velvet Underground song!

I love your photos - you look gorgeous as do the flowers. :D

enc said...

That's a very pretty brooch!

esme and the lane way said...

Thanks very much for your lovely comments; they really do make me smile :)

PorcelainBlonde said...

Well, even if you changed your outfit, I do love it! The pops of yellow are such a gorgeous contrast to the grey over knee socks...I am a sucker for over the knee socks!
I like how you don't make the look cheesy or sacharine :)

heartofpearl♥ said...

i love the butterfly! and the photos with it :)

esme and the lane way said...

PorcelainBlonde: thanks very much!Maybe it was the bright colours, they sent me over the edge lol :D

heartofpearl♥: thanks very much!

lopi said...

OMG, these are the exact same shoes I was obsessing about back in my first blog post in March:
http://fashionarchitect.blogspot.com/2008/04/first-post.html
Oh, why did you have to remind me? Even if it's starting to get really cold here in Greece, I still want them badly! If you bought them online, could you be so kind a post a link?
Oh, and the cardigan is gorgeous. I have a similar mustard-colored one and I live in it all year-long.

Miss_Red said...

I love the brooch, I've fixed many a broken piece of clothing with brooches, missing button, holes, tears...
I ove the colour of the cardi on you as well, it's quite unusual but it really suits you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...