Tuesday, 14 October 2008

pink lady

This rather whimsical little note came with a special delivery yesterday. Sadly, not a magical glass bottle, or anything at all edible – it was my shoes!

I have been hankering after a pair of black ankle heels for sooooo long now that when I saw these on the Zu website, I click-clicked immediately. They are perfect for me; high, chunky cone-y heel, concealed platform, ankle strap, rounded peep toe... I am a happy girl.

semi-sheer pale pink blouse – thrifted
silk and linen boned houndstooth skirt by George Gross (yay!) – thrifted
black belt – thrifted
sheer white tights – thrifted new in packet
my new shoes from Zu

I mentioned in my last post that I felt a change in what I wanted to wear, and today it is still true. More a re-visiting of things I already have in my wardrobe than a major overhaul, I seem to feel like wearing more ladylike things.

I also feel like having 'done' hair. I am learning to curl and pin it in a 1940s style. I found a 1940s booklet on how to pin-curl your hair in preparation here, and am slowly getting better at it – I wake up with a mop-top of tight ringlets. Now I think I am ready for the freelancer's tutorials on getting those big curls when you pin the hair back... I have a long way to go, so wish me luck! :)

Clearly I am still a novice, but I am practicing! Today I just made one curl at the front, and loosely pinned the rest of the ringlets back; you can really see the difference between the dyed lengths and my natural colour. I think another fix-up trip to the hairdressers is on the cards...

It also cooled down enough for me to wear my new cape today. I love it! I feel a bit like a stern nurse from back in the good old days, and I quite like this, too. I am looking forward to wearing this in, oh, just five or so months from now, with nice brooches and perhaps a good vintage hat. But now I am actually really enjoying the warmer days. Are you enjoying the season's change?

edit I completely forgot I took this, but I see that the note was necessary after all – except it should have been in kitteh language! This is Babycat, also known as Little Lou Lou and Tiny Le Bebe... it seems she was very interested in eating my heels!


WendyB said...

Look out...I'm going to eat those shoes!

appareils said...

what a lovely little blog! your hair is looking trés magnificent!

dayna desastre

a cat of impossible colour said...

Your hair looks so gorgeous! And those shoes are very you.

Eve said...

Cute outfit and I LOVE your hair! I would really like to start doing mine up rather like that! Really cute!

Brigadeiro said...

Ooh! Love that cape! Very Florence Nightingale!

yulanda said...

Your hair looks so great! You need to share some of the skills! I am the most uncreative person when it comes to hair.

Nadine said...

Your blouse and your hair look fantastic!

skgillespie said...

Those shoes do look delicious. Not sure if I could gnaw my way through the heel though..

I love your hair. I think I will have to try pin curls now - my hair is to short for anything else. (on and your not the only one with half and half hair in need of a dye job!)

Grow hair, grow!

Lavender said...

LOVE your ringlets. They beat the crap out of ghd styling.

Miss_Corrine said...

*drool* Those shoes are DELICIOUS with a capital D! Yuuuuuuuuuuuuum!

Q's Daydream said...

You look great! I love this look! When it comes to the seasons changing I'm loving fall...just not looking forward to a snowy winter. I did just get some great boots though, so that gives me something to look forward too! Also, I love your hair! :o)

maidenofsecrets said...

Oh! I love this outfit on you... it's so pretty! The shoes are really sweet too. :)

(I'm new here... just found your blog about a week or so ago. I usually don't watch fashion blogs, but yours has something extra to it that makes it unique and draws me in. I think it's because you share a little about what you're up to, and because of your gorgeous photography.)

Sal said...

Oh lady ... those shoes are sheer perfection!

The Clothes Horse said...

Oh! I simply adore your outfit from head to toe. The shoes are ravishing.

Mila said...

What a gorgeous pair of shoes, lady. They look amazing on you.

Still loving your style so much.

And your hair...i think i just fell in love... <3


Miss Karen said...

You look breathtaking! I love the pastel colours and those shoes, goodness me they're just perfect!

Great job on the hair too!

Hailey @ stylesymmetry.com said...

So lovely in pale shades.

heartofpearl♥ said...

you really do suit buttoned blouses! the pencil skirt compliments your shape so well aww you look angelique!

Louise said...

What fabulous shoes!!! And blouse! And cape! I can't even imagine how people get those big barrel-roll type curls to stay in place. Looks like you're on the right track though!

esme and the lane way said...

WendyB: I think Babycat beat you to it! :)

appareils: thank you very much!

a cat of impossible colour: thanks! They absolutely are :)

Eve: thanks very much! I like having my hair up; I can pretend it's longer than it really is while I waaaaiiit for it to grow :)

Brigadeiro: thanks! Oh, it is! :)

yulanda: thanks! Oh, it's still a work-in-progress, I have trainer wheels... ;)

Nadine: thanks very much!

skgillespie: thanks! They are a bit chunky... oh, I am waiting for my hair to grow too... having it up means I pretend it's already long! :)

Lavender: thanks! Hehe, the ironic thing is my hair is naturally the straightest hair known to man! :D

Miss_Corrine: thanks! I love them too!

Q's Daydream: thanks very much! Isn't fall the best? I hope you get to enjoy the snow just a little, I do miss it here in hot parched Melbs!

maidenofsecrets: thanks very much! I want to do more than just straigh-forward outfit bits, and am trying to think of things... :)

Sal: thank you! See why I HAD to get them?! ;)

The Clothes Horse: thanks very much!

Mila: aw, thank you so much! :D

Miss Karen: thanks! I keep wanting bright colours, too, but am sticing to pastely spring ones... I like them, too:)

Hailey @ stylesymmetry.com: thanks!

heartofpearl♥: thanks very much! :)

Louise: thanks you! Oh, I know, it is like another world to me. I hope one day I get there... though it might mean going blonde again!

Rachael said...

Cape love! And I very much like what you did with your hair. I tried to do pin curls once, I ended up with a blonde afro, not pretty. You are ever an inspiration.

The Waves said...

Oh your hair looks so beautiful! The outfit too... oh and the cape... and it's sunny over there... The envy, the envy! :)

enc said...

Those shoes are perfect for you, and just plain perfect.

A dreamer said...

you and your cat need to go cruising in your bike- while you wear the cape.

Liv/e in Both Senses said...

Your hair is gorgeous!

I really like that last outfit picture, really pretty location and it sets of the outfit perfectly...

Cute shot of the hungry kitty too!

esme and the lane way said...

Rachael: thanks! Oh, I am like little orphan Annie, but then I come them together into 6 big, pouffy curls... !
The Waves: thanks very much! Don't feel bad, I will envy the snow there!

enc: thanks, I do love them :)

A dreamer: I know, it'd be awesome!

Liv/e in Both Senses: thanks very much!

ed said...


麻將,台灣彩卷,六合彩開獎號碼,運動彩卷,六合彩,遊戲,線上遊戲,cs online,搓麻將,矽谷麻將,明星三缺一, 橘子町,麻將大悶鍋,台客麻將,公博,game,,中華職棒,麗的線上小遊戲,國士無雙麻將,麻將館,賭博遊戲,威力彩,威力彩開獎號碼,龍龍運動網,史萊姆,史萊姆好玩遊戲,史萊姆第一個家,史萊姆好玩遊戲區,樂透彩開獎號碼,遊戲天堂,天堂,好玩遊戲,遊戲基地,無料遊戲王,好玩遊戲區,麻將遊戲,好玩遊戲區,小遊戲,電玩快打

情趣用品,情趣,A片,AIO,AV,AV女優,A漫,免費A片,情色,情色貼圖,色情小說,情色文學,色情,寄情竹園小遊戲,色情遊戲,AIO交友愛情館,色情影片,情趣內衣,情趣睡衣,性感睡衣,情趣商品,微風成人,嘟嘟成人網,成人,18成人,成人影城,成人圖片,成人貼圖,成人圖片區,UT聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室 ,哈啦聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,聊天室尋夢園,080苗栗人聊天室,080聊天室,視訊交友網,視訊




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...