Wednesday, 5 November 2008

... the fifth of November...




Today is my second favourite (my first being Hallowe'en; this one spent snoozing in front of Collectors – boo hoo for me!) day of the year: Guy Fawkes Day. Also known as Bonfire night (at least where I grew up), I have loved this night of fireworks, giant bonfires and general Bon Homie for as long as I can remember. It is of course very different here in Melbs, but I got to wave some sparklers around to celebrate. After a week of a lot of tracksuit-and-couch time (though there was a party – made possible with the pharmacy's help – with efforts including drawn-on stocking seams; but my energy didn't extend to photo-taking), it was fun.




And, of course, this political date ties in rather nicely with today's excellent election news – definitely a cause for celebration!



Hopefully the sparklers will lead to a bit more spark in me, and I will be able to get back to posting again. I have missed it so much! I also need to do a lot of link-adding, as my blog list is waaaay out of date. I will do this in stages, as I won't be able to remember them all in one go – please don't be shy to remind me if you want to be added!

13 comments:

Q's Daydream said...

Lovely photos! I'm sorry your still not feeling well. Very good political news indeed! :o)

sparklicous said...

i really love your photos, i've just emailed the link to loads of friends and family. so pretty.

Nita-Karoliina said...

i adore those pics! beautiful!

Sal said...

Everything I know about Guy Fawkes Day, I learned from "V for Vendetta," I'm ashamed to report! Hope you are on the mend, lady, and I'd LOVE to hop on your blogroll ... you've been in mine for ages.

Maggie May said...

beautiful photos! we are sooo happy with our new President!

Ali said...

aww, I haven't celebrated guy fawkes day since I was little! I love sparklers.
I'd love to be included on your links list too

Miss Karen said...

I love these photos! I had no idea it was Guy Fawkes day.

Hope you feel better soon :)

Robyn said...

I feel your pain about colds, I'm still recovering from mine and have been operating on a severely restricted social calendar. Did you get to see the Gunpowder Plot doco that Richard Hammond presented on Foxtel? They blew up a life sized replica of the House of Lords with a metric ton of gunpowder. It was awesome.

Saorise said...

That sounds like so much fun! Your photos are beautiful.
Yay for election results!

Feel better my darling,
xoxo, Saorise

Lavender said...

i love guy fawkes night. nothing more exciting than the smell of fireworks.

loou said...

always so beautiful pictures, i hope you'll feel better soon.x

esme and the lane way said...

Q's Daydream: thanks! I am almost back to normal, armed with new drugs... and I'm thrilled about the news!

sparklicous: oh, thanks! Cool! :)

Nita-Karoliina: thank you!

Sal: no doubt it's more than I know! I'll pop you on there... :)

Maggie May: thanks! I believe it, it's such good news.

Ali: cool, will do!

Miss Karen: thanks! Hehe, it's not really an event here! :D But it's fun!

Robyn: isn't it a pain?! The doco sounds awesome!

Saorise: thanks! And great news!

Lavender: yay, another fan of fireworks! I love that smell too, and that of the bonfires... sigh.

loou: thanks! Surely any day now... :)

ed said...

情趣用品,情趣,情色,成人,A片,自拍,情趣用品,情趣,色情,成人影片,色情影片,免費A片,情趣用品,情趣,成人網站,A片下載,日本AV,做愛,情趣用品,情趣,美女交友,A片,辣妹視訊,情色視訊,情趣用品,情趣,色情聊天室,聊天室,AV,成人電影,A片,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣商品,情趣,情趣

情色,A片,AIO,AV,日本AV,色情A片,AV女優,A漫,免費A片,A片下載,情色A片,哈啦聊天室,UT聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室,色情聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,080視訊聊天室,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,免費視訊聊天,上班族聊天室,080中部人聊天室,視訊聊天室,視訊聊天,成人聊天室,一夜情聊天室,辣妹視訊,情色視訊,成人,成人影片,成人光碟,成人影城,自拍

情趣用品,A片,AIO,AV,AV女優,A漫,免費A片,日本AV,寄情築園小遊戲,情色貼圖,色情小說,情色文學,色情,色情遊戲,一葉情貼圖片區,色情網站,色情影片,微風成人, 嘟嘟成人網,成人,成人貼圖,18成人,成人影城,成人圖片,成人影片,UT聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,080視訊聊天室,視訊聊天室

情趣用品,A片,aio,av,av女優,a漫,免費a片,aio交友愛情館,a片免費看,a片下載,本土自拍,自拍,愛情公寓,情色,情色貼圖,色情小說,情色文學,色情,寄情築園小遊戲,色情遊戲,嘟嘟情人色網,一葉情貼圖片區,色情影片,情色網,色情網站,微風成人,嘟嘟成人網,成人,18成人,成人影城,成人圖片,成人貼圖,成人圖片區,成人小說,成人電影

情趣用品,情趣,情趣商品,自拍,UT聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室,哈啦聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,H漫,A片,AV,AV女優,A漫,免費A片,愛情公寓,情色,情色貼圖,色情小說,情色小說,情色文學,色情,寄情築園小遊戲,色情遊戲,SEX,微風成人,嘟嘟成人網,成人,18成人,成人影城,成人圖片,成人貼圖,成人圖片區

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...