Friday, 5 December 2008

30 degrees (in the glade?)


Today we had a sunny 30C.


Outside, anyway.



Feeling inspired by a cat of impossible colour and the freelancer's fashion blog, today I wore a knitted beret with a brooch pinned to it. (This, and a wool cardigan, almost stopped me from shivering all morning. Almost.) With ankle socks – and bare legs for the first time in weeks! – and ankle-strapped heels, my fitted dress had a kinda '40s resistance look.



I got outside for about 20 mins and thawed out, to the point of peeling of the cardi! Bliss... For the last few days I have had the chance to mess about with a digital SLR for the first time, which explains any out-of-focus shots of me. I love using it though – and I can't wait to get my own.







hat – sportsgirl, brooch – milly sleeping, dress – cue (a few years ago), socks – thrifted new, shoes – country road

music souixsie and the banshees love in a void

17 comments:

Miss_Red said...

What a gorgeous day it was! I love the beret with a brooch pinned on, I think when winter rolls around I may have to pick one up. You look great as always :)

Alicia said...

beautiful photographs, you can feel the temperature exhude through the screen!

Q's Daydream said...

So lovely, what beautiful photos! :o)

Nadine said...

I envy you because of the beautiful weather!

Sal said...

Oh, that enviable sunshine! Glad you got outside to enjoy it a bit.

Sarah Von said...

Really lovely photos! You *may* have converted me to a beret wearer. :D

Saorise said...

This is lovely and so beautiful.

Too Many Shoes said...

thats it. I really really really want a beret too now!

I love your peeptoes and socks look.

Mirthe said...

Extremely pretty!

sara said...

wow lucky to have such nice weather!
and your beret with the brooch is gorgeous!

a cat of impossible colour said...

The beret looks lovely! Beautiful photos, as always. I say this every time, but it's always true.

The Paper Doll said...

You look beautiful, and what lovely weather (its cold and rainy here!!), i love the way your little blue hat pops, and i was wondering, what kind of lipstick are you wearing?

Grant said...

I love that dress and scarf for you! You look so lovely in this sort of garb dear, truly loevly.

I emailed you last night as well regarding my visit to Melbourne this weekend.

Xx

Skye said...

Lovely day, lovely girl, cute little hat!

Anastasia said...

You look lovely! And your knit beret is adorable! You always take such lovely photographs.

esme and the lane way said...

Thanks! :)

The Paper Doll: it's Lancome L'Absolou Rouge 06 Rose Nu, and I cannot sing it's praises loudly enough. Long lasting, moisturizing – even on my big mouth – and all-round-pleasant.

Blogette said...

I love the socks and heels! You have the most amazing style of pulling so many different looks and pieces together! Absolutely lovely. Looking forward to seeing your savers haul soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...