Saturday, 13 December 2008

it's raining

Today I went to Healesville, a country town East of Melbourne. Almost two weeks in to our official Summer time, and it rained all day. It was beautiful.

When the rain stopped raining quite so heavily, I took a walk with my trusty brolly-sol. The trees out there are beautiful, and there was something magical about seeing them in all this rain.

I wore a black dress I thrifted a few weeks ago. I didn't think I would be wearing it until next Autumn, but it was definitely cold enough today. I love this dress; made from a heavy fabric, it has a tailored, fitted structure and folded collar-and-cuff details.

I am looking forward to going back in summer-proper – with sunshine and everything!

dress – thrifted,
tights and black socks – sportsgirl
lace up shoes – vintage
brolly-sol – the brand is Boston, from a shop in North Fitzroy

music smashing pumpkins siva [from the 1991 radio one peel sessions]


Nita-Karoliina said...

really beautiful pictures and love what u are wearing! xo

Elizabeth said...

I absolutely love the rain. It hasn't rained where I live in forever, so it's nice to see your beautiful pictures. They're so magical! And love your dress :)

Bambola said...

What beautiful photos! We had a similar day here also. Strange & fantastic weather :) The outfit & umbrella look perfect

Shannon (A beautiful Dream) said...

hehe, gotta love Melbourne weather. It's super hot in Perth!

I love this dress, I'm glad you got a chance to wear it. It's so beautifully structured. Great find.

Nathalia said...

AMAZING photos! your blog is just so great. the outfit is lovely:) it would make me so happy if you gave your opinion on my new blog!

Parapluie said...

I love that dress! Lovely photos, it looks so wonderful there! That umbrella is fantastic, too :)

loou said...

you look great in black, but of course you would. x

Nadine said...

The umbrelly is awesome and a great match for the black dress!

Hippy Chic said...

Looks like a beautiful area to play in, oh and in the second to last photo you look really pretty. Have a good weekend:))

Blogette said...

Lovely dress and scenery and awesome soundtrack! Billy Corgan 1991 is the best!

Saorise said...

Gorgeous! That dress is simply stunning!
Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog darling :)


Q's Daydream said...

So pretty!

WendyB said...

Love the severity of the dress, contradicted by the sexiness of the socks!

esme and the lane way said...

Nita-Karoliina: thanks!

Elizabeth: me too, and I miss it here, too. Thank you! I hope you ge rain where you are soon. :)

Bambola: thanks! Isn't it great weather?

Shannon (A beautiful Dream): typical Melbourne summer, appararently... :) better than too hot. Thanks, me too!

Nathalia: thanks! The only opinion that really matters is yours, and I'd love to have a look.

Parapluie: thanks very much!

loou: hehe thanks!

Nadine: thanks! It was a good buy :)

Hippy Chic: thanks! It was really lovely there.

Blogette: thanks! Yeah, I love them form that era.

Saorise: thanks! I love your blog, I am going to make more time for visits to evreryone's blogs.

Q's Daydream: thank you!

WendyB: thanks!

Sarah-Lou said...

Your umbrella's perfect! Looks like you stole it from a Tim Burton's movie character!

Saorise said...

Thank you for the sweet comment dear. It made me smile ;)

Super Kawaii Mama said...

Stunning, romantic, filmic. Such strong feeling in these shots.

detailsofthefabric said...

i love the feel of these photos! =) especially the one of you raising your umbrella up in the air and lifting your leg the other way... beautiful!

LJ said...

Love your brolly!
xx-LJ from SOS!

ash said...

wow! i want that umbrella. where can i buy it?!

sa said...


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...