Wednesday, 3 December 2008

musical... fruit?


A few weeks ago, I got these headphones.


They are awesome – they block out nearly all of the outside world, and I wear them whenever I am out and about by myself (though not on my bike. That would be stoopid.). I first saw this style on the Cherry Blossom Girl earlier this year (I think hers are either the white or the beige ones), and thought they were incredible – and then when I discovered I could buy a pair... and in pale pink... woo! I actually can't use those little bud earphones, as they instantly fall out. And they're gross. The kind that are bigger but sit on your ears start to hurt after half an hour. And so these, which cover my ears like little marshmallow domes, are not only perfect and vay vay pretty, they are absolutely essential!





I realised that I was wearing a wool vest that is very similar to one TCBG posted very recently – so perhaps today is some kind of homage :) I got this vest a few weeks ago at a second hand shop in Brunswick, and love the pale blues and creams. I also wore a scarf today – erm, it's the third day of summer! And I thought my vest would be joining the things I want to wear – my cape, some new wool and long sleeved dresses – next winter. Yay for now-times! K bai for now!


pure wool vest – second hand
shorts – gorman
blue tights and cream shoes – target

music dick dale and the del tones green back dollar

29 comments:

Tara said...

Ooh what brand are the headphones? I have been looking for a pair for ages and they look delightful!

Brigadeiro said...

Oh, the headphones are gorgeous & cute! As are your shoes! Love your beautiful photos as always :)
xx

thevintageyear said...

Too cute! Where do you buy those headphones? And I love your little wool vest. The weather must have turned just for you ;)

Lavender said...

Oh I want some. Where did you get them so I can let Santa know?

amanda said...

lovely photos, & those headphones are too cute!

i adore those shoes, i have been trying to hunt down my size for about 2 weeks but no luck :(

Lady Melbourne said...

The last picture is fantastic, I love it. And I love your darker side as well!
LM
x

kittyscreations said...

Love the outfit, but I especially love the headphones. My boyfriend has a similar pair, but they're bright red. I like the pale pink of these better!

Rachael said...

Those shoes and tights are from Target!? I'm astonished in the best possible way. I would like some enormous headphones, I have been considering a pair for a while, but I fear they would be rather absurd with my tiny, tiny mp3 player. Yours suit you so well!

detailsofthefabric said...

i love those cream heels! =D they look really good with your tights

Blogette said...

Haha those headphones are fantastic! We have a pair exactly like it in beige in our garage! So old school! And they still work perfectly!
Looking lovely. I love the sweater! Great shoes.

Vegan and Vintage said...

So good, hooray for you for finding pink headphones! Are your target shoes leather?

Q's Daydream said...

Great headphones! I love your blue tights as well! The Cherry Blossom Girl is too cute isn't she!!? Everything she wears I want for myself...lol!

Parapluie said...

I love those headphones! Ýou're shoes are great by the way

Sam said...

The headphones sure are cute! And I love your heels!

Lydia said...

I really really love the shoe/tight combo.

And those headphones are too cute.

a cat of impossible colour said...

I need to get me some of those! I hate the little bud ones too, they fall out and I keep thinking they're covered in ear-wax. Which is disgusting. Ew.

LOVE the shoes. Target? Really? That's brilliant!

Nadine said...

The headphones are soo cool!

Sal said...

I am so with you: Ear buds gross me out and fall instantly out of my cavernous ears. Love those funky headphones ... almost as much as those shoes. Target? Really?

Skye said...

Adorable! I love my little ear buds (I'm a runner) but those pink headphones are pretty damn cute.

WendyB said...

I'm loving those shoes. I hate ear buds too. So uncomfortable.

Mirthe said...

Your pictures are so extremely beautiful!

vintageveggie said...

love!!!! i've been totally crushing on some like that for ages now.

The Paper Doll said...

Your shoes are amazing!! I am in love with them... as i am with your adorable little vest. We seem to be stuck in winter too at the moment, sad face.

Miss Karen said...

I love these headphones - they're perfect! And I'm positively gobsmacked that those shoes are from target!

Boo to this weird weather :( Summer's practically over (well, not really but...) and it's still cold!

Eyeliah @ stylesymmetry.com said...

Adorable shots - love the 'phones.

Caf said...

i've been craving a pair of headphones like those! Did you get them in Melbs?

Eve said...

Those headphones are quite neat and those shoes are superb!

Nita-Karoliina said...

love those heels girl

esme and the lane way said...

Thanks very much! :) Sorry, I'm still playing catch ups...

The cheapest I could find the headphones was at accessoryjack.com, and even with the Aussie dollar as it is at the moment it was the best deal. They took just under two weeks to arrive, and the sound is great (sound like an ad, much? I'm not getting anything for it, honest! :D ) and the product code is RP-HTX7.

Vegan and Vintage: nope, pure pleather! :)

Amanda: how annoying – good luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...