Monday, 8 December 2008

old and new

On Saturday night, a friend asked if I only ever wore new things on my blog. I told him that thankfully, no, that isn't what this is about. I like to share what I am wearing day-to-day, just as I like to see on other blogs.



However, yesterday – Sunday – I paid a visit to the Brunswick Savers. It had been a long time between drinks, and there was stacks of things that caught my eye. My little wagon (I get the one with the long handle and the wheels, like a big nanna) was literally overflowing – I almost had a disaster with a fabulous vintage red blouse, but more on that later – within minutes, and there were many tough decisions made during the changing room cull. Even so, I left with nine – nine! – new things, which I will of course be wearing soon, along with my comparatively (and definitely literally, in some cases) old clothes. My swag included a lot of vintage goodies, which I'm thrilled about – I haven't had a score like this for ages! I look forward to welcoming them into the fold, and, in turn, sharing them with you.

17 comments:

Grant said...

Bless, a nanna-trolley! You'll have to post a picture of that darling.

I'm most intrigued by this red Blouse - it's my favourite colour.

Xx

Parapluie said...

Can't wait to see them! :)

Vegan and Vintage said...

Lucky you! I go there every few months and rarely find anything great, I'm going to have another try this week now!

kittyscreations said...

Sounds like you've had better luck than me. I went to my local vintage shop a few days ago and came back with nothing. Everything was either too small or out of my price range.
Can't wait to see what you got!

Dear Mrs. E said...

Can't wait to see what you found! I love your blog and have been reading it for quite a while now. Keep it up! :)

Amelia said...

Great pictures. I wish I had such luck.

a cat of impossible colour said...

Yay, how exciting!

Sal said...

Can't wait to see what you landed!

Skye said...

Sounds fabulous - can't wait to see the loot!

vintageveggie said...

can't wait to see them!

dlittlegarden said...

Oh, I love hitting the jackpot like that! I can't wait to see what you've found!!

BTW, I've tagged you on the "6 Random Things" meme over on my blog....

Too Many Shoes said...

Whoo hoo! A good thrifting haul is good for the soul!

I look forward to seeing some more beautiful photos of you latest collection!

Eyeliah @ stylesymmetry.com said...

Yay - can't wait for pics. I love those rare amazing shopping days. :-)

A dreamer said...

can't wait for these pictures.

Daffodils In March said...

Nothing like a good thrift haul for cheering the soul...

The Paper Doll said...

Nine pieces? Thats amazing, can't wait to see your treasures :)

Lady Melbourne said...

Ha ha, I call it Savers Fever when that happens!
I have no doubt you have managed quite a haul, can't wait to see it all!
LM
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...