Sunday, 14 December 2008

sunday in collingwood

It was meant to be another cold, rainy day, but instead the sun poked his face out this afternoon, and, if it didn't warm things up that much, it was a brighter day for us.



For an afternoon saying bon voyage to a good friend at a favourite pub, I wore a new (another one!) dress, one I thrifted the same day, but not from the same place, as the black dress I wore yesterday. Again, I didn't think it would be cold enough for it for months, but once again that Antarctic wind has us huddling like the penguins.



This week, I've noticed that I have not worn all my 'new' dresses in the way I imagined I would when deciding to buy them. This dress, for instance, was to be paired with heels and opaque tights and worn as a smarter, very-grown-up piece. Not that I don't like it like this; in fact with the pink beret, patterned heather tights and my woven leather shoes (which are sooooooooooo kissing-my-feet comfortable) I was very happy.








pale pink knit beret – sportsgirl
teal? dark tourquoise? a-bit-felty, heavy knit dress – thrifted
heather, patterned tights – safeways of all places. (Have you seen their tights range? Amazing!)
shoes – vintage Andre dancing shoes, even more comfortable than Dunlop Volleys. And they're
comfortable.

music bruce springsteen glory days [he has some Tunes]

26 comments:

Parapluie said...

What a wonderful dress! I love the combination with the tights and the shoes!

Mirthe said...

Wow, I love your shoes

skgillespie said...

I love that beret, it's so unabashedly feminine.

Elizabeth said...

Cute outfit! I adore those shoes :)

Nadine said...

Your hat is really cute!

Sarah-Lou said...

Pretty outfit, great combination!

http://ohrosedessables.canalblog.com/

Blair said...

Omgosh, those shoes!

*drool*

Amelia said...

The tights and shoes are wonderful. Great outfit!

Q's Daydream said...

Great shoes! You look right out of the 30's! :o)

a cat of impossible colour said...

That dress is lovely! The weather has been shite here too, it is very depressing. But enables one to wear cold-weather clothing, which is fun. :D

esme and the lane way said...

Parapluie: thanks very much!

Mirthe: thank you, me too. :)

skgillespie: thanks – it is nice and warm, too.

Elizabeth: thanks!

Nadine: thank you :)

Sarah-Lou: thanks!

Blair: hehe thanks... who knew how much non-heels could be liked?

Amelia: thanks very much!

Q's Daydream: cool, thanks!

a cat of impossible colour: thanks! Oh, I know, and I agree, I am enjoying the winter clothing. But getting out of bed in double figured temps would be nice..!

Ana said...

Ooh you're tights are so nice.

Patrizia simulacra said...

I look at your photos and I am transported to a Goethe novel, where nature is reveled! Love the photos and Collingwood/Abbotsford is my home turf so the photos appear extra special.
You really need to become the ambassador for thrift stores. You can show people how good you can look whilst helping the environment etc.
Bravo!

Eyeliah @ stylesymmetry.com said...

I need a hat like your lovely. The light pink shade is so great on you.

loou said...

you look wonderful, love the tights and the shoes. you are so adorable.

Nita-Karoliina said...

those stockins are amazing, also the dress. i miss sun. here is so dark and cold

ANNIE+CARLOTTA said...

hello just leaving a note to say i just stumbled upon your blog here and i love it! expect me back often,
carlotta

Alix said...

Beautiful dress! It makes a great outfit. =)

Sal said...

It's so fun when you buy a piece with a particular look in mind, but it ends up taking you to a completely different stylistic place.

Those patterned tights are utterly lovely.

The Clothes Horse said...

Great outfit. The dress is lovely and all the quirky extras are perfect.

Miss Karen said...

The shoes look amazing! And that's such a beautiful dress too. I still can't get over how cold it's been here - I don't think it's ever been this blah in December :(

PS. Yay you can see me again!

Hippy Chic said...

Those petite shoes are adorable, the woven pattern is grand. Darling beret :))

WendyB said...

Love the colors and coziness of this outfit.

The Paper Doll said...

Cute dress and i love your shoes!!

Louise said...

Those shoes look absolutely perfect! Did you pay thrift store prices for those? Argh, you do so well, I would hire you as a personal shopper any day!

bee said...

those shoes look great! And I agree that having comfy shoes is the best.

love bruce as well. He has many many fantastic tunes. greatest love song ever: 'I'm on Fire' by mr. springsteen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...