Monday, 9 February 2009

the last stretch of summer

Wow, I have been away for a while... we have had some very hot weather here in Melbs (46C four days in a row, 47C Saturday, etc – hotter than it's ever been here) and it has been too hot for me. Summer elsewhere might be a pleasant thing – getting outside, wearing pretty dresses – but when it's this hot I don't enjoy it at all, and the last thing I want to do is stand outside trying to take photos...

However, what has been a bit uncomfortable for me has been a tragedy for many, many people across Victoria. The bushfires that took hold here on Saturday have been absolutely devastating. I plan to get back to posting regularly again this week, and first I wanted to acknowledge this horrific and tragic situation. We are already learning of friends of friends who have been directly affected by the fire. My thoughts are with everyone involved, and I can only hope that the worst of it is over.

18 comments:

Elizabeth Bennet said...

Well said, Esme!

I'm going to be taking a deep breath, be brave, and donate blood as soon as I'm able to. It's only a little thing, and I wish I could do more!

xxx

Sal said...

I just heard about this situation this morning on the news. My heart goes out to everyone in the affected areas ... so hope it gets under control soon.

Le Tasché said...

I just saw the news on TV while reading you post. I feel so sorry for all the people being concerned from the fire and losing everything.
All the best !

HoneyBunny said...

I've seen what's happening there at the moment and it's really sad...hope it's all be under control soon... :*

Ali-bell said...

the worst thing is that unlike disasters such as earthquakes, hurricanes, bombings etc, this has been going on for days - every morning we wake up to more fires, more towns wiped out, more people dead. when will it end?

Maggie May said...

yes i've been hearing about this, i'm so sorry for everyone affected. i know about horrible fires.

K.Line said...

Esme: My thoughts are with you and all the folks being affected by this terrible tragedy. Be well.

Kelley said...

I heard about the fires today, and my heart goes out to you and your country, all the way from over here in California. Please stay safe.

loou said...

i have been thinking of you.
x

Parapluie said...

It's so awful! I hope, it's all going to be better soon

thevintageyear said...

Oh it's just awful, I feel so bad for whinging about the heat on Saturday when less than an hour away such tragedy was unfolding...

brooke said...

we are all thinking about victoria and everyone is donating. It is so saddening to watch every night on the news... noone even knows when it will end.

Best wishes for... everything.

Brooke xx

Nita-Karoliina said...

glad that you are coming back :) come and visit us!
http://nita-karoliina.blogspot.com/
-nita and sunit

Miss_Red said...

Well said Esme, it such a tragic thing to happen. My hearts go out those those affected - It is amazing to see how people are so generous in times of need.

tash. said...

its such a devistating situation. i can't begin to imagine what it's like for those poor people experiancing it. helping in any way i can.

MeganElisabeth said...

what a lovely blog you have!
i am going to link you

Elizabeth Bennet said...

What does it say about me, that I thought MeganElisabeth said "I am going to lick you." ?

disa said...

徵信社,尋人,偵探,偵探社,徵才,私家偵探,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,抓猴,出軌,背叛,婚姻,劈腿,感情,第三者,婚外情,一夜情,小老婆,外遇,商標,市場調查,公平交易法,抓姦,債務,債務協商,應收帳款,詐欺,離婚,監護權,法律諮詢,法律常識,離婚諮詢,錄音,找人,追蹤器,GPS,徵信,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,尋人,偵探,偵探社,徵才,私家偵探,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,抓猴,出軌,背叛,婚姻,劈腿,感情,第三者,婚外情,一夜情,小老婆,外遇,商標,市場調查,公平交易法,抓姦,債務

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...