Friday, 20 February 2009


For the past year I have had a borderline obsession with pussy bow blouses. Only in the last few months have I found any when thrifting; and then I found a lot. A few of months ago I had a change of heart regarding polka dots; suddenly I liked them. And now, after several fruitless searches for polka dotted things, I have several that I like.

I sometimes look really serious in my pics (I have a gloomy face) but I'm usually laughing reasonably merrily at myself – I am taking my own photograph in public after all. See, look how seriously I take it!

I thrifted this skirt last weekend. Part of a rather frightening '80s suit, I dilly-ed and dally-ed and nearly put it back – but then decided that yes, I did like the skirt. I also got to take the red shoes on their first outing – at least on my feet! Oh, and I'm 100% thrifted today!

pussy bow blouse, red shoes – savers
polka dot skirt – salvos

music the fall the return (thaahh riih-ah-tarnnnn-ahhhhhhh)


Lavender said...

How good are polka dots? I share your obsession.

Manja said...

I totally love this outfit! You thrifted the shoes, too?! They are so lovely :)

Joezehh said...

that's awesome that you thrifted all of it!
those shoes are beauties.
x x x

Helen said...

lovely! i swear charity shops (english version of thrift stores) are never as good as american thrift stores seem!

muchlove said...

Brilliant outfit! You have the best thrift finds. I'm loving pussy-bow blouses too, but have yet to stumble upon them at op shops. Perhaps I'm not trying hard enough ;)

thevintageyear said...

Oh my gosh it's good to see you back! Your hair looks great, is that a new fringe I spy?

I am EXACTLY the same with bow blouses. I was obsessed with them for ages & could never find ANY in my size - then the last few months I just keep on finding them! Found the most recent today actually :) I wonder whether lots of people are just over the 'bow and are donating their blouses back to op shops? Whatever the reason I am NOT complaning, hehe.

I share your (& Lavender's) obsession with polka dots too! I'm glad you didn't put the skirt back, it's smashing. Great outfit!

Parapluie said...

Your outfit is absolutely stunning! I love the polka dots (I also have just recently grown to like them) and the shoes, oh, the shoes! :)

Sal said...

This is the second time today that I've seen these referred to as "pussy bow" ... I had no idea! Around these parts they're just "tie-neck" blouses.

Just adore this ensemble - the red lips and red shoes are utterly gorgeous.

ohphilippa said...

those shoes are savers gold, and the blouse is so cute. there are so many boxy, frumpy pussy bow blouses out there - you've struck it lucky finding such a feminine yet functional one

Q's Daydream said...

So pretty! Love everything! :o)

Dear Mrs. E said...

Your skirt is gorgeous! And argh, those blouses are really hard to find in small enough sizes...

Nadine said...

I love your shirt - it's totally amazing.

WendyB said...

The skirt is awesome. Glad you got it. Love the whole outfit.

loou said...

you look so wonderful. always so ot.

corrie said...

I think you've inspired me to have a change of heart about polka dots!

a cat of impossible colour said...

LOVE this.

Amelia said...

I cannot get over the 2nd picture--it's so cute! The polka dots are fantastic.

dearophelia said...

yaaaaaaaaay savers! which one?

Indie.Tea said...

Very cute outfit...I adore the color of your skirt especially :)

Eve said...

Lovely outfit! Those colors look quite nice on you! I love polka dots as well!

oniomania said...

love the red with the blue...

Louise said...

Ooo lovely to see more photos from you my dear, fantastic outfit and those shoes really are dreamy (especially with red lipstick!)

Lydia said...

Perfection...and all THRIFTED!?!?!? a girl after my own heart. This is stunning...I love it.

Rachael said...

Love it! Red shoes with red lipstick is rather bold, in the best way. Love the skirt too - I thrifted a similar one a while ago, but it's not my size and I am too lazy to take it in.

trishhunterfinds said...

Thankyou for your lovely comment.
I too share the polkadot and the pussy bow addiction :)

Thanks for reading!
You have a lovely blog

brooke said...

love the shoes, and this outfit is so well put together!!

Brooke xx

Miss_Red said...

Amazing pictures, I love the second one! Those shoe are hot hot hot!

HoneyBunny said...

really beautiful outfit!

Eri said...

Oh what an adorable combination your skirt which is the cuttest with those shoes!

Lady Melbourne said...

So nice to see you back but even more superb to see you looking DIVINE!!!
Beautiful colour combination, glad you turned back and got the suit.

Emily said...

Such cute pics and fab finds! J'adore! -e

StrikeMatch said...

Yay! You are back and looking adorable. I hope everything has been okay down your way.

Mary said...

This is visual perfection, you look like the most adorable pin up girl in the world!

Here's to blouses with bows on them! I want to thrift a polka dot skirt now too...

Bucca said...

Very cute outfit! I think that skirt looks amazing!

Hippie Frou Frou said...

Great colors you have paired together!! I love love that high waisted skirt as well :))

Patrizia simulacra said...

There's nothing wrong with being 100% thrifted! I think it is admirable that you do so. I try to do it as often as I can. Pussy bows are just amazing and they suit your look

Summer said...

See?!You look so great on your outfit friend..
Keep on writing,and i love the post..
I can't wait to see more from you girl..
Hope to see you on my blog too..=)
Take care..

Solo said...

That polka-dot skirt is so fab on you..
Your look is so amazing on that picture..
Keep on writing.

Mirthe said...

really really great!

Mila said...

Wow, LOVE it!
I also had an obsession with pussy bow blouses, but that's slightly over now.
But when i look at you...maybe it returns again, haha.


Mandy said...

such pretty photos love them

IAmBecauseILove said...

Hello, yay! another melbourne blogger... i've just gotta say I love your blog, and that outfit is awesome...I love Savers & need to find more quaint little opshops in Melbourne.

Love those shoes in ur post with the white dress from sportsgirl, can I please ask are they this season's/there now!?

will be coming back x tasj

kimvee said...

I love this outfit! All of the colors really pop :)

AusAnna said...

this is super cute i love it!

cras4 said...

cool skirt and cute shoes!

Grant said...

Marvelous to see you back darling - and looking as splendid as ever. I really do love this ensemble - I think you made a wise choice with the shirt.

If you have a spare five minutes I have posted a quiz over on my Blog to get some feedback so I cam improve Ink & Leather. If you could fill it out it would be greatly appreciated.


Andrea said...

Well look at you Ms. Luscious Legs! Very cute.

Porcelain Blonde said...

Beautiful outfit and photos, as always :)
Love the red peeptoe heels, the classic blouse and skirt combo and red lip.
Your poses are so fun and whimsical and the red brick makes for a great backdrop <3 xxx

Matilda Iréne Linnéa said...

Very hot indeed! You've got great style!

alexandra said...

so pretty! xox

Super Kawaii Mama said...

Fan - efinng- tastic! Love love love the colours, the style the whole package. This has so much life and such a sense of humor about it. You really are the Queen of the thrifted look.

BTW, I can now be found at If you could update any links it would be much appreciated.

ck4eva said...

I've tagged you on my blog. Would love to hear more about you!

esme and the lane way said...

Lavender: yay for dots! And according to the Sunday Age, they are the next big thing..?!

Manja: thanks! Yes, all thrifted :)

Joezehh: thanks very much! I was chuffed to ind them.

Helen: thanks! I am actually is Aus, and from London – and found a couple of good things back there too :) But I agree, American thrift stores seem amazing!

muchlove: thanks! Keep trying with the bows; it took me ages but then they started turning up.. :)

thevintageyear: thanks heaps! Same here with the bow; I think you are on to something :)

Parapluie: thanks very much!

Sal: thanks! I only learned the term pussy bow from American bloggers... :)

ohphilippa: thanks! Oh, aren't those big boxy blouses funny! I have been lucky to find some under size enromous! :D

Q's Daydream: thanks very much! :D

Dear Mrs. E: thanks! And yep, a small blouse is hard to find... :)

Nadine: thanks very much :)

WendyB: thanks – me too; I'm glad I didn't allow the jacket scare me into running away (it was baaaad). :D

loou: thanks very much! :D

corrie: hehe cool! I used to think they were too... obvious, or easy, maybe? a way of looking a bit... indie... I don't know how to out it. But I love them now :)

a cat of impossible colour: thanks very much! :D

Amelia: thanks – I was just being silly, and my bow had come undone, but the timer was already going... :)

dearophelia: I second that yay! This one is from the one in Brunswick – which has been awesome lately.

Indie.Tea: thanks very much :)

Eve: thanks! More hoorays for polka dots :D

oniomania: thanks – it has become one of my favourite colour combos :) especially with white.

Louise: aw, thanks so much! :D

Lydia: thanks very much! :D

Rachael: thanks! Oh, I know what you mean, taking things in sometimes seems just too too hard and boring. I am so glad I finally got some hem tape; I might use it vertically as well as horizontally!

trishhunterfinds: thanks very much :) (I was very concerned about my comment on your blog sounding trite. I am glad it's sincerity came across).

brooke: thanks!

Miss_Red: thanks! Haha I am glad I put the messing-about one in :)

HoneyBunny: thank you :D

Eri: thanks very much!

Lady Melbourne: thanks heaps! YOu were actaully a big inspiration for me with polka dots! :D

Emily: thanks :D !

StrikeMatch: thanks very much! Thank you, yes, safe in inner-Melbs :) And thankfully the big threats all over VIC are now over.

Mary: oh, thanks very much!

Bucca: thank you! :D

Hippie Frou Frou: thanks!

Patrizia simulacra: thanks! I am always pleased to be 100% thrifted, or vintage :)

Summer: thanks!

Solo: thanks!

Mirthe: thanks very much :)

Mila: thanks! Aha, maybe that's why we are finding more of them in the thrift shops ;) cool!

Mandy: thank you very much :)

IAmBecauseILove: thanks very much! Me too, finding good little op shops is not that easy... I got the Sportsgirl shoes back in August, so they might still be around in some stores..? And I bet they'll have a nice discount now too, lucky you :)

kimvee: thanks very much!

AusAnna: thank you :D

cras4: thanks! :)

Grant: thanks very much! I will head over to your blog now, am I too late? :)

Andrea: haha, thanks!

Porcelain Blonde: thanks so much! My poses are... embarrased, more often than not ;)

Matilda Iréne Linnéa: thank you :)

alexandra: thanks!

Super Kawaii Mama: thanks very much! I have updated my link to you, and have been checking out your fabulous website at work (I can't leave comments when I'm at work though, it just seems wrong to do that?!) :D

ck4eva: I shall check it out :)

esme and the lane way said...

thevintageyear: oops I forgot to add this bit but no, not a new fringe, just an old fringe that is finally (finally! Oh my god) long enough to be pinned back in som kind of a style.

saray said...

lovely outfit!

BirdNotes said...

hi, happened upon your blog and fell in love with this outfit! lovely!

Aurélie Muller said...

oooh i love your skirt! i love all! your blog is a perfect inspiration for me!

mysterycreature said...

Great skirt! And great shoes, especially considering that they are thrifted!

That said, I found some great blue ribbon-tied shoes today - must blog about them later!

ed said...


麻將,台灣彩卷,六合彩開獎號碼,運動彩卷,六合彩,線上遊戲,矽谷麻將,明星3缺一,橘子町,麻將大悶鍋,台客麻將,公博,game,,中華職棒,麗的線上小遊戲,國士無雙麻將,麻將館,賭博遊戲,威力彩,威力彩開獎號碼,龍龍運動網,史萊姆,史萊姆好玩遊戲,史萊姆第一個家,史萊姆好玩遊戲區,樂透彩開獎號碼,遊戲天堂,好玩遊戲,遊戲基地,無料遊戲王,好玩遊戲區,麻將遊戲,好玩遊戲區,小遊戲,遊戲區,電玩快打,cs online




Maya said...

ooh.. love the red shoe!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...