Sunday, 26 April 2009

another new old dress...

and shoe love



This time it is a '70s dres, thrifted aaaages ago (before Christmas) and worn for the first time today. I love the colours and the stripes, and the little buttons on the shoulders. As it was freezing, very windy and raining today, and so I am very pleased to have found some closed toe shoes: faux patent leather t-bars with mid-height heels, which are an awesome triangular shape (hello, Chloe) – I'm chuffed!



I wore this dress with a big knitted beret (for both warmth and hair hiding; I NEED to do something!) and, for a few moments at least, my cat. This is Babycat, also known as Little Lou Lou, and she isn't actually this enormous in real life – it's just that she is very fluffy, and this, perhaps like thick ribbed cream tights, is not necessarily that flattering in photos!




I was meant to go into town today, but decided instead to stay close to home. The furthest I ventured was to get a coffee, and then to the second hand book shop on the way home, where I picked up a biography on Nancy Wake (quite fitting for the Anzac weekend) – you can see it on the sofa. Actually, perhaps one of you can help me – I was going to town to get a compact foundation. I am after a really matt one, and, of course, really pale. I love my Chanel vital lumiere, but want a much less dewey effect for winter. Can you tell me any good ones?

music – the von bondies lack of communication – the whole album, it's amazing!


22 comments:

Cassiopeia said...

oh goodness, those shoes and dress are lovely! the shoes remind me of melissas - def a good thing, they're immense, and the first pic made me think of melanie pullen photographs, except happier lol.

i think i may have fallen in love with your cat... can i kidnap her? hehe. beautiful!

xxxc

b-chic said...

A poetry! that dress and the shoes are so elegant and sophisticated, a timeless excelent purchase! Congrats for the pics they are so unreal, I like them a lot!

kittyscreations said...

I love the shoes and the outfit, but your cute, fluffy kitty steals the show!

Parapluie said...

Oh, I love everything about this post, your outfit, your cat and the photos!

Grant said...

My GOD! That kitty looks enormous! It positively dwarfs you dear Esme!

I love the dress, and the cute detail of the buttons. I'm glad to hear that you've been experiencing cold weather down Melbourne way: I'm visiting next weekend and I'm looking forward to the cold.

Xx

Isabela said...

What divine shoes, and that dress looks like a superb vintage find

Q's Daydream said...

I love it! You look lovely! ;o)

Le Tasché said...

I definitely like outfits with white tights. Your cat is really a XXL model.

KittyMeow said...

Ooh you have to tell us where you got your shoes!

And your cat is just too cute for words. All that fluff!!

a cat of impossible colour said...

I love the shoulder detail! And the kitty cat. :)

Amelia said...

I can't believe your luck with finding perfect shoes! The stripes are lovely, too.

Bucca said...

Beautiful dress! and those shoes are very very cute - so is the kitty!

vintageveggie said...

love the shoe pictures, so creative.

StrikeMatch said...

Such a lovely dress and I really like how you've styled it with the jacket and long cardigan!

GracieFrances; said...

what a loverly dress and gorgeous shoes. i want them :D

xo

ohphilippa said...

hello babycat!

modernism&vintage said...

What a beautiful cat!Georgeus!

esme and the lane way said...

Thanks very much everyone for the lovely comments :) Babycat says thanks too!

The shoes are from Target – they have the most awesome shoes at the moment, and they're on sale..!

esme and the lane way said...

Cassiopeia: ooh the Melanie Pullen pics have just loaded, and they're great! I hadn't heard of this photogrpaher before, and I love finding ones I like – thanks heaps for the tip off! :D

Fannah said...

that first picture, it looks like you're on the ceiling or something. amazing effect, amazing outfit, too!

Rosé Magritte said...

I think I just keeled over and died from staring at outfit perfection for too long. Srslygurl, you work that so so well. Wish I could pull it off like you do.

FashionConsciou$ said...

You have such a great style - luv all the outfits! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...