Tuesday, 28 April 2009

one 1950s dress and one plan of action


Brrrr today it was freezing again! I wore a vintage blue dress (third in a row) that I looooove – and it has little red buttons! – along with (I did NOT wear it back with/work it back with etc. thank you very much :D ) red shoes and belt, a not so wintery pair of sheer-ish cream tights, and suitably wintery leather jacket, red scarf, and a cream wool beret.





My hair has been driving me nuts lately.

No, srsly! So I have given it some hard thought...

... hmmmm ...


... and have finally made a decision...

... and can stop thinking about it now. And relax.

And start thinking about just what shade long leather gloves I would like... oh yes, I wrestle with some big thoughts!

cream wool beret – barkins.com (having read lovely strike.match's positive post of their shoes; I hadn't heard of Barkins before, and can now recommend their hats and their online service! Unlike one particular Aussie store's online service... harrumph)

red pom pom scarf – topshop, c. 2002 – back when I was a London gel

leather jacket – just jeans, two winters ago – and I love it to bits

vintage cotton dress – etsy.com and I shorterned it a little. I am quite small, and not into crinolines, but who knows..?

cream tights – thrifted new, in the packet

red shoes – topshop.com

music sixfthick white light, wet heat

29 comments:

ohphilippa said...

first and last hair flicking photos could be kate bush album covers!

Lavender said...

I love the red scarf with the white tights.

angelaseeangelablog said...

OHHH I love 'hair tossing photos'!

I wore a beret to school and got in so much trouble.

You look gorgeous! Looking forward to meeting you.

XXASAB

Hannah said...

I'm so glad you've decided to do outfit posts again because they're amazing! The colours! The colours!

Sal said...

I can see why you adore that jacket, it's fantastic. And SO curious to see what you do to your tresses!

Le Tasché said...

What for a cute outfit and how funny your "hair shaking" pics are!

Sadie said...

What a great selection of dresses and shoes you have!
I'm very envious :)
xxx

WendyB said...

What a beautiful dress. Love the hair pictures.

Bucca said...

Oh that dress is very cute and the whole outfit looks great!

Eyeliah @ stylesymmetry.com said...

Love the dress, and the whole outfit. So happy you are still osting despite slack of sunlight. :-)

thevintageyear said...

Oh gosh, you are too beautiful, I actually really like you with long hair! The dress is amazing, and the perfect length now :)

Summer said...

I love that red scarf.;D
You look great on it,hope to see more from you girl.;D

http://www.soloden.com

Diana said...

haha i love this post!

Amelia said...

I love the peter pan collar! Those hair pictures are ridiculously awesome.

Solo said...

Hurrayyy...for the red scarf..;D
Love it.

http://www.solofoodtrip.com

Grant said...

Love this Esme! The colours are so gorgeous together and perfect for a winter pallett!

Xx

GracieFrances; said...

i love that dress! it's grogeous!
and i love the hair flicking pictures. very nice.

:D

Gracie said...

Gorgeous.

Gracie.

Lala Orange said...

I enjoy your pics SO much!

jenifer said...

I really enjoy those pictures!! Dress is so beautiful and cute.

macyaverage said...

I love the hair photos you've got. It just looks like so much fun to do xD

and lovely outfit too.

Rachael said...

I love this outfit, it's so cute.

esme and the lane way said...

Thanks v. much!

angelaseeangelablog: that's ridiculous! School rules can be so stupid. I got in trouble for wearing sensible doctor martins – apparently I should have been tottering around in platforms like my 13 year old class mates, ruining my feet and back for life... idiots! :D I look forward to meeting you, too!

And yep the hair photos were fun to do, I'm glad the tongue-in-cheek-ness came across! :D

Lady Melbourne said...

Thats so cute, I like to think I wrestle with big thoughts too occasionally!
I LOVE the hair shots, I know you,ve had trouble with the flash working indoors, after dark etc but these are FAAAAABULOUS.
More please!
LM
x

ana b. said...

Oh! I thought you were Coco Rocha for a second in that top photo. From when she was still brunette. Red and blue are made for each other. Gorgeous!

Clau! said...

Cute dress ;)

I´ll add you to my fave blogs

Saludos,
Clau!

Cassiopeia said...

Gorgeous red shoes :-D

Xxxc

Betty said...

What a lovely outfit! Your hair shaking pics are adorable, they remind me of the Iekeliene Stange for Marc Jacobs ads.

I LOVE YOU said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,a片,AV女優,聊天室,情色,性愛

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...