Monday, 1 June 2009

back to my roots?

Ah, well kind of :) I have gone back to being a bottle blonde. This is something I've done a couple of times before in the last ten years, and I've always loved it. And I love it now! Getting this right isn't easy, but the hairdresser did a great job – better than I expected. (And they got it up in one go... as anyone who has gone blonde before will know, this is impressive. Especially on my stubborn hair). As well as being a colour I really like, the change to my hairs' texture means I can actually do things with it. I naturally have really silky, fine, slinky, dead straight hair – and tonnes of it. NOT ideal for, erm, any kind of styling at all, really. I did some pin curling and what not last year, but my hair just couldn't hold it for long – no amount of product, curling etc could give it the structure it needed. Today, I tried super kawaii mama's faux victory rolls, and added a little roll to my growing-out fringe (bangs). With the extra challenge of doing this at sparrows*, and even less time than planned thanks to Babycat hiding my box of bobby pins at some point during the night (thanks, Lou Lou**), just 5 pins and two combs held this in place all day – including a couple of hours with headphones. I can't wait to try more :)

And what picture do I have to show all this? Um, it's not great – sorry :) It's an imperfect world... Until I am next near a camera during day light, you'll just have to take my word that the colour is very nice...




Oh and I was in fact entirely dressed for most of the day – black mary janes with pink bows and my black cape. xxx

*Australian for dawn
** Babycat's other name is Little Lou Lou – just to keep things simple ;)


blouse – thrifted
1940s wool pencil skirt – etsy

music edith piaf – and last night's amazing big band at the rainbow

32 comments:

Parapluie said...

WOW! I'd never dare to change my hair that drastically but it looks great! (and I can totally relate to stubborn hair that always finds it way out of pins and hair bands... that's the reason why I most of the time just leave it hanging loosely)

GracieFrances; said...

gorgeous. x

Hannah&Sophie said...

wow, blonde suits you so well! and i feel your pain about dead straight fall-out-of-place-in-two-seconds hair.

danielledelamont said...

Oh that looks so nice! Though I think with your complexion and style you could pull off anything...except maybe fluros :)

lauren said...

very demure and elegant as a blonde!

WendyB said...

What a change! Very pretty.

Sal said...

You're a vision!

Thao D said...

Preeeetty.

Quixsa said...

you look gorgeous! The color is wonderful :0)

beckylou said...

amazing, you look absolutely fabulous with that haircolour!

elena-lu said...

fantastic! you look fantstic!

Pansy said...

Wow, that looks incredible! The color is perfect on you. :)

Amelia said...

It looks like blond really suits you. I'm definitely envious of your hairstyling ability.

Anastasia said...

I am loving the blonde!
Jealous too, I would love to try other colours but just look ridiculous with any hair colour other than red.

Maggie May said...

I was bottle blonde for years- it is fun! You look lovelyl.

Kelley Anne said...

You look beautiful as a blonde (and as a brunette). Great color!

a cat of impossible colour said...

It looks beautiful! I can't wait till I have enough money to go blonde again and maintain it properly, it's my favourite colour to be. :)

Eyeliah SS said...

Gorgeous!

fortheloveofthrift said...

Your hair colour goes perfectly with the pink blouse. Lovely!

Bucca said...

lovely!

loou said...

and of course you look so beautiful.

Meaghan Kelly said...

what a perfectly drastic change ! it suits you soo well!!!!

Fannah said...

who that's so weird, seeing you like this, but at the same time so amazing! :D

Pretty Little Pictures said...

My goodness, you look lovely!! And i really didn't know Australians called dawn sparrow - the things you learn!!

the golden fairy princess said...

the color looks completely amazing, i'd love to bleach my hair a lighter shade of blond. but after i dyed it purple thinking it would come out brown, i decided to give dye a rest. :) yours looks excellent, though! xx

Summer said...

Pretty! You look great on it.Hope to see more.=)

A Writers Den

The Brown Mestizo

Super Kawaii Mama said...

Wow that is impressive! I'm so glad that tutorial worked for you. The combs are the secret trick to making it work. Will I be seeing you at the Lindy Charm School to learn more hair tricks?

Bettie and Mars said...

Oh wow, I like it either way! But yes, I think getting it to the right shade of blonde is quire difficult :O I quite like this shade though!

<3

milk said...

That color is so pretty! And I love Edith, she's just about the best!

Boubou said...

Bonjour !
First time i come across your blog so im gonna visit it now :)
well if you wanna be inspired by my collages or just dream, come and visit my blog :)
a bientot!
Boubouteatime xx

penny shapes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
harbourmaster said...

your hair looks gorgeous! and good luck with the victory rolls, once you work out the right way to do them for your hair they get easier!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...