Friday, 23 October 2009

as fast as turtles

Sometimes I think I go so slowly I am racing turtles. Like these little guys...


Look! The pink one is getting up a bit of speed...


... so the blue one stops for a nom. Floor fuzzles are very good for metal turtles, you know.


Now the pink one can only watch him go go GO!


I'd better put them somewhere safe now, and let them have a rest before I take them out again... maybe next time I'll actually wear them!


1950s turtle brooches


Xavi said...

Lovely turtles to pun on the neck or on the wrist

sue said...

cute brooches - great how you let them race!

Sal said...

Utterly darling!

WendyB said...

Adorable! I call mine a tortoise:

Q's Daydream said...

So cute! :o)

Fleur de Guerre said...

That is so cute! Love it!!

Kelly & Tracy said...

So cute! what an adorable post!

riennahera said...

I love every little piece of jewelery that has an animal shape.

Anastasia said...

Such a cute post!! I thought they were earrings at first!

Razzle Dazzle Cosmic Flower said...

That's the most adorable post I've seen in weeks. Hi you don't know me but I just wanted to tell you that your blog is incredibly sweet and that I'm going to start reading it now. It's fantastical bright posts. I bid you much peace and love!
Keep up the loveliness!

Faux Naif said...

those are so beautiful - so delicate and elegant. what a find!

georgina. said...

inspired to extend my non existent brooch collection!
love the blog

emma wallace said...

Too cute! I'm glad the blue one got something to snack on but I hope the pink one didn't go to bed too hungry! :o) Thank you for this fun post! It made me smile.

Ellie said...

very sweet!

elena-lu said...

you are the cutest! and these made me smile :) thank you

esme and the lane way said...

Xavi: thanks :)

sue: thanks! It was fun to play!

Sal: thank you!

WendyB: I have always wondered which one is the land one... once someone told me tortoises were the males and turtles were the females, and for two seconds I believed them... sad. Yours are gorgeous, and it's a locket! Adorable!

Q's Daydream: thanks! It was fun being silly :D

Fleur de Guerre: thanks! I wanted to not be So. Serious. for a bit! :D

Kelly & Tracy: thanks :)

riennahera: hehe cute!

Anastasia: well they are pretty small :) thanks!

Razzle Dazzle Cosmic Flower: I am glad you liked it! Thanks very much :)

Faux Naif: They are actually pretty sturdy in real life – thank goodness! :)

georgina.:thanks very much! Me too (to get more brooches), and I must remember to WEAR them, too! :D

emma wallace: hehe nope, I am sure there was tasty dust on the record player :) thanks!

Ellie: thanks! It was nice to do :)

elena-lu: I am glad they made you smile :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...