Tuesday, 20 October 2009

this weekend's op shop finds


I hope you had lovely weekends. I did! On Friday and Saturday I found the most amazing things at my local op shops – I think the best swag of goodies I've found yet. I mentioned in my last post that there were some finds that would not fit in my bike's basket, and this is it...

... well, one of them :) I found four great chairs, beautiful wooden framed ones with dusty rose velvet cushions. I've been looking for chairs to go with the dinner table for ages, and I'm chuffed with these!





Something else that has chased away my recent grumpy has been the warmer weather we have had at last. Today I wore a vintage dress I thrifted on the weekend. It is a colour I've only fairly recently come round to, and have decided I really like. I love the little lace collar and the pleats down the front. I added, just in case, this little white cardigan I thrifted a couple of weeks ago.








But... what shoes? I really need – yep, need, not just want! – some sandals for summer. I'd like a white pair and a red pair. (And, oh, maybe a navy pair..?!) I do have these, which I do like...




... but, unfortunately, they do not like my right toe, and they attack it as soon as I put them on. My poor toe. I can only hobble for two minutes in them. I needed to run (well, actually walk) some errands today, and so I did this instead.


music Glenn Miller and his Orchestra chattanooga choo choo

24 comments:

Xavi said...

Lovely dress, congratulations.

graciee. said...

i love your dress !
xx

FrivolousFlapper said...

gorgeous finds! those white shoes are amazing. Too bad they attack your toe!

Emily Kennedy said...

Those chairs are so great! Lucky lucky find. And the dress looks adorable, but nicely modernized with the socks and booties.

Q's Daydream said...

amazing!!! I love that chair and that dress is great on you. LOVEE the socks with the shoes too :o)

Frances Baker said...

Such a shame about the white sandals, they are so cute!

Sal said...

Too bad about the white peep toes being so murderous - they're lovely to look at!

vintageveggie said...

adore the last shoe and socks combo. so sweet.

Ms. B said...

Gorgeous dress and chairs!!!

Roxanne Rosensteel said...

Wow, all of those finds are so amazing! Love the shoes and the dress color.

heleen said...

oh my, this is all so wonderful. what great finds!

a cat of impossible colour said...

These are such lovely shots - I love the muted tones.

*indie_queen* said...

Love the dress, and what a shame you can't walk in those sandals, they are pretty!

Valentine said...

Amazing finds! You must be thrilled! Sigh. Its been a while since I scored something good during an op shop shopping trip. But then again, it has been a while since I actually shopped.. so yea.

The color looks good on you~ You made me wanna go blonde all of a sudden.. :-)

xx

Laurel said...

Oh lovely! Your photos are always so inspiring.

The colour of your dress looks amazing with your blonde hair.

Sandals for summer - I have a similar need! Though spring in Wellington has been terrible thus far! But I am keeping my fingers crossed for long summer days.

x

emma wallace said...

Such dreamy photos. And I love those torturous shoes. I admire your self-control in not wearing them despite the pain.

Friend in Fashion said...

Just beautiful - lovely pick-ups! :)
x

muchlove said...

wonderful finds! I love the collar of that dress.

agatiszka said...

Lovely look, so sweet!!

agatiszka.blogspot.com

Clare said...

I love those sandals! What a shame they hurt. Are they too tight or is the leather too stiff. It's a weird suggestion, but I stretched an uncomfortable pair of shoes by putting a big potato when the toes go and leaving it there for a few days!

ohphilippa said...

gorgeous photos., and the dress is really lovely. which shops did you hit?

Andi B. Goode said...

That dress is so dreamy. The colour looks great on you.
Oh, I just hate when gorgeous shoes attack parts of your feet!
-Andi x

elena-lu said...

oh wow that dress is a dress! what lovely white shoes too bad about the toe :(

Cassiopeia said...

Ah! I had a cardie like that once. Then I lost it. Sad times. Love the shoes! Xxxc

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...