Friday, 9 October 2009

waiting for spring

If I am really honest, I have to admit something... I haven't been feeling all that inspired lately. I think it is because it is still so cold. I am still wearing winter coats! This, plus seeing the northern hem blogs post about autumn/fall, is making me think of warmer clothes, and I am coveting a toasty-looking, mustard yellow '60s dress – not spring-like at all!

IMG_3392rt

We actually had the most amazing hail storm a couple of nights ago. It looked like snow, which is something I haven't seen for years. I watched it with Babycat.

IMG_3385rt

It was so loud on our tin roof that I couldn't hear my own, "Oh, wow!" shout over the top of it. It didn't melt for about an hour (I told you it was cold!) but it seemed to be exclusive to my suburb; a few kms away they had nothing. Here, it collected in my bikes basket...

IMG_3403rt

IMG_3393rt

IMG_3397rt


For the past few months – in fact, I'd say the last six – I have managed to be just as unseasonal over winter, and have shopped up a storm of spring and summer things. Sun dresses, halter dresses, a silk dress, two playsuits – here are some of my new things, and I can't wait to wear them.

IMG_3435rt

IMG_3433rt

IMG_3447rt

IMG_3427rt

IMG_3424rt

IMG_3423rt

23 comments:

Wikifashion said...

I adore your new dresses, they are so pretty! Where did you buy them?

Anya Is Tattooed said...

i live the top with the roses!

mysterycreature said...

I love those dresses, especially the brilliantly summery red polkadots!

Roxanne Rosensteel said...

I adore the soft blue dress! It will complement your blonde hair and fair skin perfectly.

Frances Baker said...

Looks like when Spring inspiration arrives you have lots of very lovely things to wear! I love the blue dress :)

A red lipstick said...

Lovely clothes, makes me long for spring (even though it's autumn where I live)!

IRIS and PIETER said...

ahhh a post full of gorgeousness! haha, your style is so lovely!

Ms. B said...

Oh so much loveliness!!!

heleen said...

Waw all these photos are so pretty! The hail looks absolutely beautiful, while all your gorgeous dresses make me crave summer - and it's just starting to get cold here!

Parapluie said...

You look so beautiful!

Q's Daydream said...

aww, I'm sorry it's still so cold there! I love all of your spring clothes! :o)

Eyeliah said...

Oh I also can't wait for you to wear them. that blonde I have to say again is so great on you. :)

Miss Madeline said...

All lovely clothes, and lovely hair and a very adorable cat

the golden fairy princess said...

i know what you mean, i always want it to be the season here that it is somewhere else :) your cat is so precious! and i love your dresses, especially the black with white lining in the last photo.
xx

Faux Naif said...

what gorgeous photos! your dresses are beautiful, and mustard yellow is a delightful colour... i wore mustard yellow tights today and felt grand!

Andi B. Goode said...

What wonderful dresses! I don't wonder you can't wait to wear them!
-Andi x

Helen said...

i love it when it hails so heavy like that, but you're inside all cosy haha. that red polka dot dress looks particularly amazing!

loveinthesummer said...

oh wow where did you get that last dress from? it's adorable!
if you don't mind me asking, what suburb do you live in? I saw hail in the afternoon on the bus through Syndal, but when I reached Glen Waverley 2 minutes away there was nothing!

Ellie said...

Damn Melbourne weather! lol I think we've met ;)

ohphilippa said...

did you go crunching about in it afterwards? that's the best part!

emma wallace said...

Love the hail story! And the first dress in those lovely stripes is adorable. Can't wait to see your pics in the new spring outfits.

sobinique said...

This is really cute! Like your dresses and you are so pretty!

Friend in Fashion said...

These photos are fabulous - you are stunning!
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...