Monday, 23 November 2009

this is unusual for me

IMG_4998rt

Today I am feeling a little different... I felt like doing something I never do... my hair is straight, my lips are pale and my dress is a child's, and 1960s style. I have also answered some questions passed along to me by both q's daydream and ruby roulette unravels (thank you), something I rarely do. I enjoyed reading their answers, though, and thought that while I am having such a not-the-norm day, it might be fun.

1.Where is your phone? next to me
2.Your hair?
straight, today, and it's strange!
3.Your Mother? ballet dancer, castanet player
4.Your Father? actor, artist
5.Your favourite food? muesli. for dinner, too.
6.Your dream last night? um... trains, I think. Lots of traveling on trains.
7.Your favourite drink? coffee. tea. red wine. a particular delicious pink muscato in summer. I'm thirsty!
8.Your dream/goal? comfort and consistency
9.What room are you in? study
10.Your hobbie? vintage. photography. bass. reading.


IMG_5017rt

11.Your fear?
disappointment and regret. And one stupid, stupid phobia that i will NEVER tell!
(12. is missing)
13.Where were you last night?
home, with friends round for dinner
14.Something that your not? competitive
15.Muffins? very rarely... white chocolate. blueberry. green tea. fig. Have to be the moist kind. I'd like muffins more often!
16.Wishlist item? dress. dress. shoes. dress. vintage compact. red coat. dress. swimsuit. dress..!
17.Where did you grow up? london, england


IMG_5061rt

18.Last thing you did?
upload photos
19.What are you wearing? 60s style dress, wool cardigan. there is a cold snap.
20.Your TV? off. big black old thing. Do not want enormous plasma. Do not want!
21.Your pets? babycat/little lou lou (my beautiful, super fluffy kitty cat with two names – and possible resulting identity crisis!)
22.Friends? special
23.Your life? changing, changing!
24.Your mood? quietly content
25.Missing someone? ummmmmm... well, yes


IMG_5045rt

.26.Vehicle?
rickety bicycle <3
27.Something your not wearing? hat
28.Your favourite store? ooh! a local treasure den, vintage clothes in my size bought from estate sales and then kept back just for me. Thank you for that, I__ :) And some amazing online stores, as I mostly buy online, including whatkaitedid.com and, of course, etsy!
29.Your Favourite colour? today... blue


IMG_5035rt

30.When was the last time you laughed?
about 3 hours ago
31.The last time you cried?
about... 5 months ago? Happens less than muffins!
32.Your best friend? husband-to-be
33.One place that I go to over and over? daydream
34.Facebook? no, I really don't like it at all
35.Favourite place to eat? ummm... in bed, because it never happens! H-t-b does not care for crumbs. I couldn't care less about 'em!


Now I should pass this on... and I'd like to ask tender turning quiet, spokes and daggers, ballarat vintage style, do you like my microwave, hello mr fox... and anyone who wants to – no, really! I really like reading these. No expectations, it's just kinda fun.

dress ebay
shoes mollini.com.au, on sale

music bridezilla beaches


IMG_5055rt

32 comments:

ALWAYS CHASING said...

These photos are so dreamy!

...love all the answers (esp the one about the big plasma)

ALWAYS CHASING

Anniina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anniina said...

The dress is adorable! I really like the collar, and those photos! The colours are lovely.

Andi B. Goode said...

You look lovely. Like a grown up Wednesday Addams! It's nice to do something out of the ordinary sometimes.
-Andi x

daisy lane said...

i love that dress! so cute and vintage <3

beautiful photos. xx

Laurel said...

You look straight out of the 60s in that first photo!

You have inspired me to stop being lazy, and do my hair and wear a pretty dress to work tomorrow.

Though the continuous bad weather in Wellington is making me want to pull on a hat and hide under a big baggy cardigan and leggings. (Note to self. I need to stop complaining about the weather.)

Loved reading all your answers to the questions x

Ellie said...

Love the dress; not so sure abut the shoes, but the dress is divine. Agreed on vintage/estate stuff.

KittyCate said...

Absolutely love this post. The photos are stunning, you look gorgeous - a very different look, but a good one. x

Miss Emmi said...

There must be something in the water - a few of my friends have been suddenly drawn to the 60s style as well. I think you pull it off wonderfully, the makeup suits very well. It's hard to go with a lighter lip sometimes - I always feel so naked without anything on mine!

Harriet said...

Oh wow, it's amazing how differnet you look with a small change in hair and makeup! The photos are goegeous, Andi used the phrase 'grown up Wednesday Addams' in the comments and hit the nail on the head!

Helen said...

Haha i thought of Wednesday Addams too! In a good way though! I love the dress.

Emily Kennedy said...

Wow! Excellent photography style paired with the dress style. Your dreamy hazy photographs are a great match for the 40s style dresses, but this style is excellent with the 60's style dress.

thevintageyear said...

How on earth do you manage to pull off so many different styles, oh so well?! You really are a chameleon!

Sal said...

Just goes to show that you can do ANY look, doll. The hints of mod suit you!

Q's Daydream said...

you are stunning! i think that dress is just the cutest! I loved reading your answers too. Oh and I can't wait to see that dress you bought from etsy ;o)

Bucca said...

amazing photography! I'm loving those shoes xx

Friend in Fashion said...

WOW! the last photo is incredible - i love how you can transform your look so effortlessly :)

Have you entered my fashion giveaway to win a custom made dress yet? www.friendinfashion.blogspot.com
x

georgina said...

love this post, the photos are beautiful! i still love your shoes :)

wewontgothere.blogspot.com

Aya Smith said...

Awesome Q&A, and that dress!!!! My goodness, it has me falling over... it's too gorgeous! Is it vintage? I would LOVE to fins its twin, haha XD

Charlie said...

You look so different. These photos are so beautiful, like some vintage editorial, love. Love learning more about you too.

fashionforwriters said...

These photos are divine! You should make photography your living, you are so talented, and the dress and the hair and the make up is beautiful. I love the seafoam green walls too!

xo Jenny Fashion for Writers

Heather of Heat Storm said...

lovely lighting! what a cute blog... I am following you now!xx

Porcelain Blonde said...

Beautiful, beautiful photos - so dreamy and editorial <3

You look stunning - and you're brunette again! I can't keep up! ;)

Love the mod outfit, styling and makeup - the eyeliner is fab.

Your looks always remind me of Old Hollywood movie stars...

Liked reading your answers, we have lots of random things in common ;)

<3 xxx

Stella Dafne said...

I love the style of your blog, it's really vintage!! Come to visit my blog,maybe you would like to be my follower. Kisses from Italy!

Http://stelladafne.blogspot.com

Elizabeth said...

I would do just about anything for that dress!

sioux said...

oooh ! those shoes are super cute! and your oufit is really artistic and creative, I really love your style!

Rosa said...

this is beautiful! so diffrent but change is always good :-) xx

Super Kawaii Mama said...

Okay... WOW! The first thing I thought was that you remind me so much of the actress Mila (?) who plays Jackie on That 70's show. (that is a good thing) Such a great look. So well put together and brilliantly photographed.
You really are one in a million. :)

M said...

Really nice post. The pictures are truly pretty....unusual or not ;)
I´m the same with those lists of questions....like to read them, rarely bother to answer them..

Rachel said...

love this, fascinating to read and look at:)
x x x
http://rachintheclouds.blogspot.com

ED said...

Love the outfit and the pictures. I love white tights.

Ballarat Vintage Style said...

I finally answered the questions. After a bit of a break from blogging it was a good way to get back into it. Thanks for asking :) I love your photos - they're very Alice falling down the rabbit hole.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...