Saturday, 23 January 2010

summer stripes and red bow shoes

red bow shoe clips 7

Our summer is still making something of an effort, and while it's not exactly hot it is pretty nice. Today I went on a search for the crinoline – I want a white knee length one. No luck (close but not perfect) so I might have to buy on line, although I'd rather feel them first in the flesh as I don't want a scratchy one. And while I saw the almost perfect but a little too long (and a little more pricey than the already large-ish sum I know I'll be parting with) at a local vintage+retro market, I saw something out of the corner of my eye...

red bow shoe clips 6

red bow shoe clips 8

red bow shoe clips 5

... more red shoes! Distinction: red shoes with a neat closed toe and medium chunky heel, and, the cincher: red bow shoe clips. I've wanted something like these for a while even without the clips, but bought the sale home. I had to change from my red t-strap heels into these as soon as I got home and take pics – thanks, John! My hair is in two plaits, with the scarf wound with them; it was windy today (I think it always is, boo) and so I did this take on a '40s style I saw in a book. And of course forgot to take pictures. Next time! Anyway, after a lovely day of the shopping and a walk through the Melbourne hot rod show (love those cars), we are now preparing a dinner party for a wonderful friend – I will catch up on comments asap. Have a lovely Saturday night!

red bow shoe clips 1

red bow shoe clips 2

red bow shoe clips 3

red bow shoe clips 4



stripy strapless dress, belt, scarf thrifted
shoes (with clips, yay) market

music black sabbath supernaut

42 comments:

fickle red riding hood said...

Gorgeous. I love red shoes and your skin is absolutely flawless x

Danielle said...

What a stunning face you have. I am very new to your blog but I love what I have read so far and I adore your outfit posts. Thank you x

Andi B. Goode said...

Those shoes are fab! You look lovely, as always. I was also going to say your skin is flawless.
-Andi x

♥Lola said...

Esme you always look so gorgeous! And those shoes are perfect :)

Anniina said...

What a gorgeous outfit. All those red pieces look amazing, I love the contrast between your slightly pale skin and the red things. Lovely, lovely!

Silverbeige said...

Perfect, lovely pure outfit!
You look ethereal. Have a nice weekend!

Meaghan said...

I don't know if you tried the Chapel St Bazaar for the crinoline, but if you haven't bought one yet, it might be worth a look if you're out that way.

harbourmaster said...

Ooh you lucky thing those shoes are fab!

American Vintage and Circa Vintage both have crins if you haven't tried them yet?

Treacle said...

The red accessories (from the headband to the lipstick to the belt to the shoes) are absolutely perfect. Great look!

Gracie. said...

I love those shoes, and the clips are lovely! You look so pretty! xx

Blue Note said...

magical pictures

Miss Emmi said...

*gasps* Those shoes are AMAZING! I love the variability that the shoe clips will add (though they're probably too cute to ever take off!). Your outfits are always tied together in the most wonderful way by your accessories.

Emily Kennedy said...

Woot! Nothing like shiny red patent to make everything awesome!

Kelley Anne said...

You look so perfect. Your lips are so well done and I love the red shoes. Let us know when you find just the right crinoline. I've been looking for one too.

Q's Daydream said...

Ohh, these pictures make me long for summer! I love all the red with that dress! You'll find a slip. I'd been looking for one for ages, and my hubby brought me home one yesterday that's perfect!
I also love hot rods!

Helen said...

your style is perfect, i love those shoes.

Tara Diane said...

Ugh, I love your pictures so terribly much that it makes my heart ache, haha. I love red accessories with baby blue and white, so airy and fun. Cute cute cute :).

Faux Naif said...

oh this is SO lovely! i don't think anyone can coordinate colours quite as well as you do.

Saoirse said...

Stunning! I love those colours on you and those little bows are adorable!

Sam said...

wow and hello...I have just stumbled across your blog after typing in vintage dressing table into google! Your blog is absolutely beautiful....I shall stop by again

Sam (Bath uk) xx

Laurel said...

Oh those shoes with the little bow clips are perfect! All the hints of red in this outfit work so well with the subtle striped dress. Lovely! xx

KeKe said...

Girl you rock every outfit you put together! Your creativity and fabulous sense of fun always makes my day and inspires me to go treasure hunting

Rosie said...

Gosh, you're such a classic beauty! Hope you're taking advantage of the summer weather, I'm freezing!

Heather Taylor said...

You are so lovely! The bows are fantastic!

sinnlighet said...

I have no words, you are incredible sensual!

Lots of love

Agneta, the swedish one

Sleekit said...

Love the red, pops out so much next to your natural skin tone. So nice to see a girl who embraces a porcelain complexion.

sleekit x

georgina said...

love your shoes :) and your hair looks adorable!

soulier dans la neige said...

me too I looooove red shoes I have one pair that look a lot like yours. Love to see red on you it is so beautiful with your skin tone ad hair. Beautiful !

Ms. B said...

What a gorgeous outfit!

Greer said...

you are so beautiful, your skin is perfect and your hair is so lovely.

amazing clothes. x

hiking in stilettos said...

you look lovely, and those shoes are incredible!

megannielsen said...

I love this outfit! The perfect amount of red! Meanwhile, I've had trouble finding a crinoline too... sigh

alissa said...

amazing hair! i'd love to see a tutorial on it!

Kesenya said...

Your blog is so adorable honey - I just love it !! You have such a gorgeous sense of style - and your pictures are just divinity? Do you set them up yourself or do you have a 'partner in crime?' Brilliant !

Madame Bovary said...

you look so good!
like a pin up girl!!
i´ll follow you!!
xoxox

Eli said...

you are sooo chic....

milk said...

gorgeous, as always!

Miss Woody said...

wonderful outfit !

Friend in Fashion said...

The red is absolutely gorgeous on you!

Would you like to exchange links? :)

www.friendinfashion.blogspot.com
xx

G&M said...

these are great photographs!

Oley said...

awww to your skin. goooreous!

MaiTai said...

This look is perfection, fabulous!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...