Tuesday, 9 February 2010

shorts and stripes


We are now in the swelter-y, last stretch of summer. Hot enough for short shorts! I actually don't wear shorts as much as I'd like because I don't have many summery tops to go with them. I do like this stripy one, though. I pin curled my hair last night, and I love the results now – and will get to see them drop by midnight, to a soundtrack of grumbly thunder. Phew! I also got my sailor hat yesterday. It might be a bit much for, you know, going down the shops and the like (just a bit) but it will be fun for good nights out. I have a transfer ready to go, but frankly I refuse to turn on the iron until it is well below 30C.



stripy top thrifted
shorts forever new (ssshhhhh)
1970s amalfi shoes (still have their lovely blue box, yay) thrifted


♥Lola said...

So pretty! Love this top, looks gorgeous with your skin tone :)

Friend in Fashion said...

Very pin-up, very sweet!


Lulu said...

love this outfit! =]


Sleekit said...

Loving your pin curls and the sailor hot is too cute

Sleekit x

Sleekit said...

I just realised I typed 'sailor hot' instead of hat, come to think of it I prefer 'hot'

Sleekit x

Andi B. Goode said...

Very cute. I love sailor hats. I have one but barely ever wear it.
-Andi x

Gaby and Jane said...

I love it! You are stunning!

You have to do a pin curl tutorial one day, I am such envy of your hair!


Krista said...

Gorgeous! I would love a tutorial on the pin up curl too :)

Brook said...

cute! love the outfit!! I have a sailor hat too but i dont wear it around... its fun for photos!

Blue Note said...

you look really lovely

Ulrika said...

Your photos are always so beautiful!Lovely outfit!xxx

Louise said...

I always find it difficult to find cute tops to go with shorts too.

Kahani said...

Oh wow so pretty. All your shots are insanely lovely. I'm sorry if you get asked this alot but what camera do you use? Since I started a fashion blog I've been bucking to upgrade my cam and am hungry for info!

Dotti said...

Absolutely darling, darling!

thevintageyear said...

What a cute hat! Where did you get it??

Personally I'd like to see you jaunting down the street with it on! For some reason that seemed the right word, jaunting.

casey said...

So adorable! I love the little sailor cap; I have several of my husband's old cast-offs (he's in the Navy) and can't wait to wear them this summer. ;)

♥ Casey
blog | elegantmusings.com

Miss Emmi said...

That hat is so cute! Where did you find it?

Talia said...

you look really preety in this bloody red color.

BaronessVonVintage said...

ooh, just stunning! Total Vargas babe...and you just look SO perfect in red! HOW do you get that atmospheric/ethereal-ness look to your photos?

Sal said...

Lady, you look smokin'! And you're making me long for some sunshine and warmth ...

Sarj said...

Very, very cute! Love the sailor hat :-) Where did you get it from?

Ms. B @ Millie Deel said...

So very cute!!

Q's Daydream said...

girl, this outfit is perfect! i love your hair too, i can't wait till mine is long! the last picture is great, are you dancing?! ;o)

megannielsen said...

Wow you look gorgeous! meanwhile I know you're probably sweltering over there, but I'm still kind of jealous of the heat!

Ms. Givens said...

Great pictures and your skin looks amazing!

Cassiopeia said...

Gorgeous gorgeous outfit... So jealous of the heat! It's cold and sludgy here. Sigh. Xxxc

Eyeliah said...

*so pin up sweet* a GI would have this tucked in his uniform. makes me want to attempt this type of shoot! :)

esme and the lane way said...

♥Lola: thanks!

Friend in Fashion: hehe thanks :)

Lulu: thank you!

Sleekit: hehe I like hot too, thanks!

Andi B. Goode: thanks! They don't really fit in with everyday attire!

Gaby and Jane: thank yoU! I am not expert enough to do a tutorial on pin curls, but I should posts some links of people that are... hmm. Will do this soon. Along with beauty products post.

Krista: I'm too novice, links soon though! :D

Brook: thanks! Isn't it? I am enamored with mine!

Blue Note: thank you :)

Ulrika: thanks!

Louise: it's so hard!

Kahani thanks! No probs :) I ise a Canon EOS 450D. But I used an old canon digital point-and-shoot little thing, and it was fine. A bit of editing in photoshop is all I need!

Dotti: thank you :D

thevintageyear: Army Disposal online shop :) And yes, jaunting! A jaunty saunter!

casey: thanks! OH, awesome cast offs to get! Lucky you!

Miss Emmi: army disposal online shop. They are soooo cheap, too :)

Talia: thanks!

BaronessVonVintage: cool, thanks! Well, I have the blinds down but open in that room, big windows, cloudy skies, all adds up to murky bright light!

Sal: take some of ours, we have too much!

Sarj: of the army disposal internets shop, under $10 too :)

Ms. B @ Millie Deel: thank you!

Q's Daydream: thanks! LOL no, I'm fanning my face because it was just so hot yesterday afternoon!

megannielsen: thanks! Yeah it's that weird time of year when N and S Hems start to switch the weather, and I love seeing it happen on our blogs :)

Ms. Givens: thanks!

Cassiopeia: :< take some of our heat, please! At least it will change soon enough :)

Eyeliah: haha that would be nice :) Though I'll take care of a few more details next time! (like tucking in top neater!) :D

Bucca said...

So cute! love the sailor hat and the whole combo!

Kitten Paws said...

Hi there,

Just wanted to say I looove your blog! Beautiful beautiful images! I just started a blog of my own and included you in the links section so more people could find you!



WendyB said...

How adorable! What lipstick are you wearing?

Lisa said...

Such a cute sailor hat! I love your pincurls too.

Heather Taylor said...

You never fail to amaze me with your impeccable style! Love it!

les métamorphoses d'Alice said...

oh je craque pour ce look de petit marin!

Kelly said...

Gosh your hair is SO pretty.

Emily Kennedy said...

Oh, CUTE! I wish it was shorts weather here. I hardly ever wear them, but oh how I covet the opportunity.

Blandine said...

I found your blog a few days ago via another blog (http://emauxetcamees.blogspot.com) and I fell in love with your style. My style isn't really retro but I love mixing vintage pieces and modern ones, and I am especially fond of long gloves, retro lace-up boots, parasols and lacy items...
Anyway I love your style and how it suits you, and I like to see its evolution through your blog. I definitely put it in my favorites.

The Waves said...

These photos as so cute. Sheesh, just so cute!

the freelancer's fashionblog said...

Oh yes!

Ma princesse de pêches said...

holy crap girl i die every time i see another of your outfits. Your bows and stipes and cute little colours like melt me haha. You're amazing.
xx. Peach Princess ♥

cc22 said...





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...