Wednesday, 21 April 2010

denim shorts and a stripy bow


And the heat goes on... back in early February I was wishing I had got me a pair of the Remix vintage style shoes, but thought as the pair I wanted was a summery style, I had better wait till next summer. Ha! Chronic summer clothing shortage (well, after 5 months of summer, it kinda feels like it!) to be dealt with asap, but there are winter things to be found first: vintage hats! cardigans! etc!

white blouse opp shop
stripy bow from '70s dress, from etsy
denim shorts with straps ebay
white ankle socks $2 shop, as per usual, and they're still going strong. I am amazed
red shoes, a good year ago now


lumikha said...

this outfit is so adorable. also, i couldn't help but notice, are you picking colors to choose from to pain your walls?

EilidhPie said...

those shoes are amazing!

this is cyclogenesis said...

Ooh that stripy bow is excellent! Nice touch.

Sahakiel said...

Sweet outfit and perfect shoes *___*! Red shoes are my obssession!!

Laurel said...

Cute outfit!!!

Oh just super loving the red shoes!!


rischa said...

Love the bow! And I must say, good job on finding daylight hours to take shots... it's so annoying how dark it is by the time I get home now!

The Diva's Polish said...

I am totally in love with bows at the moment. This post is not helping. Love the ensemble and those shoes, I adore them so much. Gorgeous!!

Amy Alexandra said...

You look ever so sweet and seem to handle to warmth very stylishly, however I want cold!

I love your red shoes, they are gorgeous.

taylorkitto said...

you're soooo gorgeous!
i love those shoes. a lovely pop of red!

Fear is a Dirty Word said...

Wow your hair looks perfect! I wish mine would do that haha

rosanguyen said...

What a gorgeous denim shorts and suspenders. Looks fabulous with that striped bow and that shade of lipstick :O

A Whimsical Girl Named Debbie said...

Another fab post! The shoes are swoon worthy!

PrettyDamnCute said...

I agree your shoes are swoon worthy. Who's the maker?

Vanessa said...

I looove those shoes! Where did you find them? :)

Sher said...

Oh, you're just a doll! Everything about your outfit is just perfect! I adore those shoes:)


Andi B. Goode said...

I love this outfit. So cute!
-Andi x
PS I know what you mean about the weather. It's still too warm here, too.

esme and the lane way said...

lumikha :
thanks! Oh, yes, but I don't think these colours here are right (too bright, the room gets v sunny) so the search continues... and white is really practical for picture taking!

EilidhPie :
thanks very much! They are one of my favourite pairs of all time, and are soo practical and comfortable (walk for hours on end, still feel perfectly comfortable, miracle shoes). :D

this is cyclogenesis :
thanks very much!

Sahakiel :
Thanks! It seems to be mine, too. I bought yet another pair from an opp shop today!

Laurel :
Thanks! Yip, huzzah for red shoes! :D

rischa :
I don't work a typical 9-5 any more (well actually it was more like 8am-9pm, five days a week. Plerk.) which obviously helps... I practically stopped blogging when I was doing that in winter! :< And flash photography is a prickly one... I love your outfits though, please find a way, somehow! :D

The Diva's Polish :
Haha I know what you mean, I have bow love too. Thanks!

Amy Alexandra :
Believe me, it's an effort, my favourite time is Autumn (I mean proper, crispt Autumn) and winter! It is hot enough here for the smallest of summer clothes, ridiculous. I want cold, too!

taylorkitto :
Aw thank you!

Fear is a Dirty Word :
Thanks! Hot rollers and water spray and a good brush and that's it... until they drop out 10 or so hours later :)

rosanguyen :
thanks very much :)

A Whimsical Girl Named Debbie :
Thank you!

PrettyDamnCute :
thanks! Oops forgot to add that bit, I keep forgetting at the moment. They are/were by topshop, from about a year ago. I think they had a white or cream pair, too, and I wish I got them, as they are the most comfortable shoes ever... yep, definitely an all time favourite of mine :)

Vanessa :
haha I'm so forgetful, they are by topshop from about a year ago. I've added the details to the post now :)

Sher :
hehe thanks very much!

Andi B. Goode :
Thank you! :D I know, honestly it is perfect weather for summer clothes, and then the summer is too hot for anything, and I want to wear my vintage but it's all too warm! Wah ;)

Sunaina said...

Love the bow and the suspenders, looking very cute:)

Penny Dreadful said...

LOVE the shoes. I need to start experimenting with bobby socks, it is such a cute look x

annabelle said...

you do 70s glam so well! loving your high waisted looks of late. x

Justice Pirate said...

Those T-Straps are so very unique!!! Nice!

Jenni said...

Those shorts are killing me! I love how you styled them. This outfit is amaaaaaazing!

Endy said...

I love this shoes!!

Vanessa said...

Thanks :)

Bree said...

love it! reminds me of the old time circus.

Fashion Nerd said...

I love the stripy bow!

saoirse said...

Those shoes are definitely my favorite. You look simply adorable!!

I'm holding a little package exchange on my blog, by the way! You can leave me a comment if you are interested.

Lola Jean said...

Nice outfit...How do you get your hair to be flat on top and curly @ the bottom? I've been trying to attempt that style but cannot get it, tips??



Azede said...

love love love this, great red shoes

stacysaddleshoes said...

you always have the cutest outfits.I love the look of your white bobby socks with those shoes

the freelancer's fashionblog said...

If blogger had a facebook 'Like' button I'd press it right now.

Miss Lottie Lou said...

Oh my goodness this is such a cute outfit! You look ace :)
Lottie x

Cassidy said...

i love your bow !
you're so gorgeous and i adore your style <3

Kate said...

This is adorable! You look stunning.

NikkiDee said...

soo glam. i love the shoes and bow tie!

Anonymous said...


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...