Saturday, 17 April 2010

red sailor shorts (and hello, summer, again)


So, a few posts ago, I said goodbye to summer for what I thought was for ever, you know, at least until next time, but I was way off the mark. It has got hot again! And so, I am wearing the red sailor shorts that I said I wouldn't be wearing, not without tights, for months... and we have a good few summery days coming up, too! If only Melbourne's summer actually was like this. It's perfect!


I have a real shortage of summery tops and such, but I must force myself to wait until next summer to, er, top up (that was unintended, but we'll go with it, yeah?) and eek out my teeny tiny supply for the next week or so... :) It's ok, washing dries within the hour on the line here..!





Harlow Darling said...

Those shorts are incredibly gorgeous and so flattering and tasteful all at the same time!

whitney said...

Absolutely stunning!
The shorts are lovely.

Yoshi said...

Great photos. :D

Fabiola "Fab" said...

My goodness!!!! I want this whole outfit!! and those shorts are to die for and a touch of polka dot! Love!

Gaby and Jane said...

I love this outfit so much!!

Gaby xoxo

The Diva's Polish said...

You're outside! ;) Gorgeous surrounds and the outfit suits you beautifully. You look stunning! Cute sunnies :)

Anniina said...

Haha, you're waiting for autumn and I'm waiting for summer, but I heard it might snow next week!! :-( Love the last photo!

anni said...

lovely shorts ! :)

Grant said...

I love the photography of your Blog Esme darling, do you have someone who does it for you or is it all via a tri-pod?

The shorts are too cute for words! Glad you've got yourself a chance to wear them - it would be a shame to have to wait until December.


Some Style... said...

wow, amazing red! fabulous images indeed! love the details!

lovely weekend wishes!

Mystery Flight Vintage said...

how beautiful was the weather today! warm and sunny, bit not to good. bought out the shorts again too!

Vanessa said...

I adore these shorts! You look gorgeous!

Q's Daydream said...

I adore! :o)

sueper said...

great outfit - very nice with the socks
and the warm weather just continues there - I'm jealous!

Lexie said...

I LOVE your outfit here.I live in the US so its only just now starting to warm up. Although, the rain has been coming and going off and on this month but I love rain so Im certainly not complaining.

Bree said...

very cute outfit!

Charlie said...

very pretty. I love the pictures, you look beautiful.

Joanie Coyote said...

What? This is so crazy cute! Now I want some high waisted sailor shorts. If I can get away with wearing them.:)Ahoy.

Leilani said...

Cute shorts! We're having the opposite problem here in Chicago... it was feeling like Spring this week but now it's plunging down into colder temperatures again, wish the weather would make up its mind. I love the way you tied the scarf around the collar as well.

Violet LeBeaux said...

Love this outfit! The shorts look fabulous :D

caramelizedvintage said...

You look so cute! Awesome red shorts. :}

georgina said...

love your shorts and your little spotted scarf, very cute!

Gina said...

Oh, I love those shorts! Where did you find them? They look great with the socks and sweet blouse!

Sleekit said...

I know! I'm loving this weather! Devine shorts, great outdoor shots

Sleekit x

lumikha said...

i love that you posted that 1st picture...this series is really cool! :) also, your outfit is toooo darling!

Annyex9 said...

Absolutely stunning! Love everything in that shot!
By the way, how do you keep your skin so glowy and luminously pale? It looks wonderful!

Justice Pirate said...

oh my!!! stunning! I love love love your outfit. You make me envious. This is not a nice feeling. I must take a step back. It also makes me realize I seriously have to get fabric for my 40s shorts pattern I have.

Valentina_s said...

love your style
so sweet

Esz said...

How weird is this warm weather all of a sudden?? Those shorts are fantastic! :-D

Jackie said...

Those shorts are amazing! I'm also waiting for the full blast of summer before I start shopping for it but my money is itching in my pocket :]

esme and the lane way said...

Harlow Darling :
Thanks! They are almost as good as my tara Starlet ones – but not quite. Now those are some flattering shorts! :D

whitney :
Thanks very much!

Yoshi :
Thank you – my HtB took them (for a change) and it was really helpful :)

Fabiola "Fab" :
Thanks very much!

Gaby and Jane :
Thank you!

The Diva's Polish :
Haha yes! Thanks very much!

Anniina :
Snow! I love snow :)

anni :

Grant :
Thanks :) It's almost always me (with a tripod) but these were taken by John, and he did a good job :)

Some Style... :
thanks very much! I hope you had a nice weekend, too :)

Mystery Flight Vintage :
Yeah, cool!

Vanessa :

Q's Daydream :
Thank you! :D

sueper :
Thanks! Oh, the weather is just so strange for us here..!

Lexie :
Thanks! I love rain too, wish it happened more here :)

Bree :
Thanks :)

Charlie :

Joanie Coyote :
Ahoy! Thanks :) Do it! :D

Leilani :
Thanks very much! Woah, Chicago sounds sooo cold... isn't it wierd when it goes up and down like that!

Violet LeBeaux :
Thanks very much! :D

caramelizedvintage :
Thank you! :)

georgina :
thanks! :D

Gina :
Thanks! Oh, I forgot to put the detail up :) They are a local high street brand, and I found them at an op shop, seemingly unworn.

Sleekit :
Thanks! And we have more of this weather... wow!

lumikha :
Thanks! I don't normally post things like that anymore but it was just such a beautiful day, much less glary-bright than our summer days are :)

Annyex9 :
Thanks very much! I think my skin is just reflecting the light n the pic, like a snowman :) But I wear factor 30 on my hands a face everyday (and am slack with my arms and legs when it's not summer, and try to stay out of the sun as much as possible, all year round. It's insane over here!)

Justice Pirate :
Aw, noooo :) Thanks! And I want to see the 40s shorts, they sound great!

Valentina_s :

Esz :
This weather is so strange, completely out of nowhere! Thanks :)

Jackie :
Thanks! Ah I know what you mean :) But I hate leaving it too late, what if the things I want sell out, etc... :)

Anouk said...

This outfits is so nice ! And the photos are so lovely !

Rachael said...

All of your recent posts have been lovely, but this one is particularly stunning. I'm pretty sure I wish I were you!

Laura said...

I reallyreallyreally love this outfit! The red shorts with the white blouse make the whole thing very crisp! Also, your sunglasses are lovely! :D

Dress Rehearsal

Anonymous said...

Now this is the most wonderful outfit Ive ever seen! Gorgeous shorts, I nearly have the same ones, but didnt know what kind of top I could wear with it... So thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...