Wednesday, 9 June 2010

rose print dress

Photobucket

Oh, has it been so long? I have a few projects going on in the background, keeping me busy... all will be revealed soon enough :) But here is a new day, a new post and a new dress. I have been wanting more floral dresses lately, especially shorter skirted, flirty ones. It was fate, then, that I met this one just a few days ago. I love the cute rose print, and didn't want to wait for warmer weather to wear it.

Photobucket

And it has been really cold here in Melbourne lately – I don't think I show just how cold on here! This is for wearing indoors; big coats and gloves and hats make going outside more comfortable now :) It is still Australia, though; cold here is 13C, and I know that is just mild for a lot of you! I got this 1960s (I think, I'll find out proper like) knitted jacket about a year ago, and it seems to go with so many things. I love its puffed shoulders, and the details on the body; it gives it some shape, and I like a bit of shape in things! I struggle to find good cardigans and jumpers and so on, and really do need to stock up...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Another thing I have really, really wanted lately is a shorter full and frilly petticoat, for wearing under dresses like this. I might see if I can make one... and if I do manage it, you'll be the first to know!

Photobucket

This dress has little bows on the shoulders, because, hey, yep, I like bows, but I think you already know that :) And I have finally got a pink lipstick! I was so wary of leaving the red behind at all, but I really, really like the pink, too. And it is nice to wear pink with pink! It is one of my favourite colours, after all...

knitted jacket ebay
rose dress made form retro fabric, local shop
black tights from the place where black tights come from
brown broguey shoes little shop on brunswick st and I still don't know the name!

Photobucket

43 comments:

ina said...

13'C! That's how warm it is in Finland when we have a cold summer :)
Your jacket is truly adorable!

ThatMadHatter said...

Hi there!

A friend told me about your blog and I really enjoy reading it! Thought I should say so, hehe. Melbourne weather is terrible today,(it's raining outside my window now).

As for that little shop on Brunswick st, do you mean The Second Hand something-or-other? I've driven past it but never been in it. :(

Cheers,
That-Mad-Hatter@blogspot.com :)

Paige said...

I just found your blog a few days ago, and I am completely awed! I've already gone back and looked through hundreds of your old posts :) you have such a unique style- i love it!

rubyslippers_86 said...

Very Pretty! I love the cardigan, It really is hard to find a good cardigan, the style and shape of this one is lovely, feminine with out being to much so.

I know what you mean about our weather here in melbourne, It really does seem to be freezing! Maybe I have just gotten used to the 40 degree weather and am desensitised?

Maddie said...

I love your floral dress. Did you make it yourself? The cardigan is such a beautiful colour and I love that you hair is all loose and natural looking. Once again it is a wonderful winter outfit.

Ally,The Vintage Valley said...

ohh i love your dress, its stunning..you look gorgeous as always!!

Mel said...

So adorable, I love the rose print!

Sher said...

How pretty is that rose print dress! And I just love the bell-like sleeves of the cardigan!

Pink suits you so well, now you can alternate with the red lippie:)

xx

Anne-Marie said...

The dress is lovely and the jacket is gorgeous! You've got good taste in fashion!

Giane said...

I love your style. Beautiful outfit! You look like a 1950's star! Kiss

SuzieM said...

i really loooove that cardigan!! it's so cool!! and, of course, it looks great on you.

cclarebear said...

what lipstick did you use? i love it! name/brand please? :)

Sara said...

So cute! Especially that jacket, I like the buttons and how it's knitted :)
Very nice indeed.

-Sara

Autumn, Coffee and Inspiration

Sleekit said...

Loving that pink lippy on you

Stay warm

sleekit x

Harlow Darling said...

Wow darling the little jacket is really lovely, it makes me think of the sweet knits the girls in The Edge of Love wore in the movie!

As for our Australian winter, it was 13 degrees in Brisbane this morning too and for some reason I swear I remembered it being colder because it really didn't seem cold enough to me...well, not cold enough to don a pretty trench coat and gloves like I keep wishing for :P

Lots of love
Harlow
xxx

GreenTrunk said...

An adorable dress. Looks lovely on you.

Anonymous said...

Bravo, you are always stunning. Adore your blog. Danielle :)

Justice Pirate said...

I love the sleeves on that dress. purple is your colour. it looks beautiful on you!! never mind. . everything looks beautiful on you.

ergyerg said...

I really like your dress! Very pretty! xxxxx

Carys said...

Love the dress, and the colour of your cardigan is so nice!! Your lipstick is lovely too!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

Helen said...

that cardigan looks so lovely & cosy

Mary the Fairy from Sweden said...

Oh just adore you, you look just like Snow White!

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

The colour of that cardgian comes straight from a fairytale. I love it. xx

MarieBayArea said...

i heart your knitted jacket from ebay! it's a gorgeous color. your floral print dress is quite lovely. i can't get enough of floral prints either. i like that rich pink shade of lipstick on you too. would you mind sharing with your readership what makeup and lipsticks you're wearing?

georgina said...

in the last shot the pink lipstick really zings your eyes, fabulous outfit as always!

wewontgothere.blogspot.com

Louise said...

That jacket is to die for. Tres jealous.

Samantha said...

Love the outfit and the lipstick really suits you!!

Amie said...

stunning! that cardigan is such a perfect fit for you :D i love the lines on it, makes it a really special piece




x amie
http://heartbeats-intimidation.blogspot.com

medine amory. said...

Your outfit is so, so pretty!

As is your blog.

Retro Chick said...

I love the pink lipstick, it's still bold, but a bit girly!

Bree said...

Beautiful! It's strange to see you not wearing your red lipstick. The pink is very lovely too.

charismagic said...

Love love love the cardigan.... thanks to you I'm having a wardrobe overhaul!

She Can't Decide said...

I am completely jealous over that dress! its lovely!

vintagebirdy said...

the jacket is so gorgeous! :O

Love,
vintage-birdy.blogspot.com
{no, it's not about birds}

♥ Modarta ♥ said...

Beautiful!!!

joven said...

hi, you have nice blog.. u can view also mine..http://akoniwares.blogspot.com

Friend in Fashion said...

Very pretty! Your shoes are lovely :)

Be sure to enter my fashion giveaway to win a ModCloth leather jacket
www.friendinfashion.blogspot.com
X

Pepper said...

oh that rose dress is to die for!
how much did you pay for it?

vivacious-pepper.blogspot.com

Pretty Little Pictures said...

Your cardi looks so snuggly and warm...

Jitterbugdoll said...

Killer sweater, gorgeous dress, and that is the perfect shade of pink lipstick for you!

Christie-bee said...

Such a perfect outfit! I actually love it.
Floral is perfect in summer or winter :]

Artpixie said...

omgfg you are gorgeous! cute outfits too <3
I think I've seen you somewhere did you model for that hopelessly devoted etsy store?

Everything Tati said...

I love love your dress.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...