Friday, 29 October 2010

flowers and lace

flower lace b sml

flower lace a sml

Well, I am purrreeeety sure I don't need to bore you with tales of my internet woe... so we'll ignore that and get on with the important things. Spring here is really up and down; rather than lots of warm, lovely days, one after the other, we get a beautiful warm day and then a really cold, rainy one the next. Or, my favourite – a freeeeezing cold morning, a warmish midday and a hot afternoon! It really does make getting dressed surprisingly hard. ;) There are two mantras when it comes to fashion in Melbourne: it's all about wearing black (yawn), and, the one I hear/read the most: layer layer layer! It's fine in theory, but really, carting jackets and cardigans about later in the day isn't exactly practical! And what does one do with tights? Hmm? I clearly need to work on my desert climate dressing :)

flower lace e sml

flower lace d sml

Anyway... enough rambling. These pictures are from Wednesday. It was pretty cold to begin with, and I recently got this angora and lambswool (and, let's be honest, acrylic) mix sweater with the lace collar and, although it has Fall (and our mild Melbournian winters!) all over it, I couldn't wait to wear it. I started out pairing it with denim shorts, and maroon tights, and my black and cream shoe booties because it looked like it was going to rain. But the sun came out, it got warmer and warmer... and the tights were ditched (erm, I was at home to do this) and sandals replaced the boots... I don't have pictures of this as I have been painting my room and everything is everywhere, so I can't fit ;) You can see the masking taped skirting boards in one of the pictures there... So, a very Fall outfit in general. I did finally make a flower headband though; I've been meaning to make one for ages and finally, here we are. It is the spring half of these pics!

flower lace c sml

flower lace f sml

There are some things I want to ask you, but this post is already very long, so it'll have to wait! xxx

flower lace g sml

24 comments:

Saving Capulet said...

aah the lace and the flower is just beautiful! perfect on you <3

Cara said...

Such beautiful pictures.

Katie said...

Ah, Melbourne weather. During Summer, I used to start my daily two-hour trip to uni rugged up against the cold morning but prepared for a warm day underneath. I could always tell who else travelled a long way, because they'd be inexplicably hanging onto a jumper or coat while the temperature climbed into the thiries.

That lace collar is just gorgeous - such a beautiful colour and design.

Dakota C. Walsh said...

What a beautiful headband!!
I want to make one now : )
I really like the lace collar on that sweater, too. It has an antique look and is quite pretty.

angelaseeangelablog said...

You look gorgeous as always! Beautiful headpiece too.

XXASAB

Daisy said...

Lovely !

Fran said...

Adorable sweater! This whole undecided wether thing is really a pest, I feel your pain.

Samantha said...

Beautiful :)

Veronica Darling... said...

Darling flower headband and very pretty lacey neck on that jumper.

xoxo

Charlie said...

you are stunning! you always have the prettiest things, like that headband YOU MADE!?!

asha said...

gorgeous!! The lace collar is beautiful.

MarieBayArea said...

that is the most darling top, such beautiful lace. you look so very pretty with flowers in your hair.

Natalie said...

The collar is gorgeous, so delicate. I have recently found a collar handmade by my mother and I'm eager to have an opportunity to wear it. Ps. Love your style - both sweet and very feminine. Best wishes - Natalie from Poland

ModernismAndVintage said...

Beautiful!

la pie qui chante pour un oui pour un non said...

You look so delicate!
I like.
Have a nice day.

MOUSEVOX VINTAGE said...

Transitioning into a new season by way of dressing can be such a challenge and sometimes so frustrating. Looks like you're doing it with lovely ease, though!

Sara said...

SO GREAT shirt :)

-Sara
autumn, coffee and inspiration

Anonymous said...

your hair has been looking soso pretty lately! i love it!!!

Sleekit said...

I love your lacey collar, tres pretty! I hear ya re the weather, it dampened my Frocktober party yesterday with folk too scared to leave the house!

Sleekit x

Elizabeth said...

Wow, that is incredible!

We can find a lot o those lacy collars unattached at thrift stores and antique shops around here - what a great idea to pair it with a sweater and just wear around!

Gina said...

Gorgeous! The pale peachy pink of your room (is that what you just painted!? Dreamy!) and your rosebud crown is my favorite shade these days--I can't get enough of it. I just found a 1930's dress in the color for a song, and I can't wait to wear it somewhere equally pretty. Wine is a lovely color for you.
xoxo,
Gina
p.s. Oh! Internet woes! The worst.

MissMarbelle said...

Wow! I love that lace collar/yoke (?) what do you call that part? I really really need to acquire some lace pieces now!!

Anonymous said...

Lovely pics, I enjoy tuning it for your posts...

cakesandshakes.wordpress.com

Kristian said...

You look great in this- both now (2012) and then.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...