Sunday, 10 October 2010

timing, thunderstorms

black yellow a

This is from the other day, when I only had a quick few minutes to take some photos, and I wanted to get outside – but it was just one of those days when the weather was against me. The sky was black, it was windy, it was rainy... and as I started to take these pics indoors, boom! a thunderstorm. It made things all far too dark, but I actually love thunderstorms, so while it wasn't ideal for my purposes (when will that pesky weather learn, hmm?) I'm not complaining – honest!

black yellow c

(Oh, and about the new look here – far from finished, absolutely not planned, and really just what happens when I decide to see if I can just quickly pop an image in the background, whilst all relaxed like, listening to Jefferson Airplane... and accidently deleting all – ALL – my existing html code in one little click. Oops.)

black yellow f

This is possibly my new(est) favourite dress; heavy, silky, black, long cuffs, short little baby doll shape... with long black socks and my enormous shoes.

vintage dress
jeffrey campbell shoes

See you again tomorrow :)


black yellow b

32 comments:

Dial V for Vintage said...

Lovely as usual! :)

Eleanor ~ Shopping The Closet said...

What absolutely appropriate attire for such weather!
It all fits so perfectly together into one amazing blog post!
Lovely!

nay-nay said...

Incredibubble shoes! wowzers...

esme and the lane way said...

Thanks very much :) That has made my evening!

Ellie said...

Oh, how I covet your shoes :(

Heather said...

Wow! Are those shoes hard to walk in? You look so good in them! I'll probably trip over them in a heartbeat and pretend I didn't. x

Penny Dreadful said...

I totally love this dress, it looks marvellous on you (but I kind of want to steal it for myself, too). I hear you with the blog-overhaul - I spent yesterday redesigning and it took so long, I wish I knew more (or indeed, anything) about html.

The Diva's Polish said...

Awe inspiring. I never cease to be amazed here! xx

Annuschka said...

Your make-up is amazing :)

Carys said...

You are just the most glamourous person, I love your outfit and perfect make-up, as always!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

sueper said...

I feel like you're changing of style - a bit more edgy, but either way suits you great!

FoofandFaff said...

Ooh gorgeous outfit, especially loving the shoes! Ok also love the socks but I just cant get them to stay up... :)

taylorkitto said...

you are sooo gorgeous!!
xx

Heather said...

Wow, your very stunning and I love the dress!

Cara said...

LOVE IT. Everytime about this. Love.

Esz said...

Sucks about the html issues. I hate messing around with all that - such a headache.
Those shoes are majorly awesome too :D

LĂ©lia said...

Just wow! So lovely dress and incredible shoes! Love your makeup too.

rubyslippers_86 said...

great dress and shoes!

Veronica Darling... said...

So lovely to see some darker photos though! Love it.

xoxo

Kate Bickmore said...

I love how you do your makeup!! and I'm so jealous of your shoes!

Helga! said...

Love love love that eye-nakeup!

Anonymous said...

whoa!! great shoes! they're enormous! you go girl!!

Magda said...

amazing make up! you look great in black :)

Andi B. Goode said...

Wow. Look at those shoes. They're amazing. And I think the darker photos give a nice mood that suits the outfit.
-Andi x
PS I hate fiddling about with html - I always copy/paste my code first, now after changing things I've not wanted to change in the past. =\ Good luck with the layout!

Sleekit said...

Those shoes are rocking my world. HTML sucks!

Sleekit x

Lainie said...

I am loving your edgy 60s/70s look lately, its very sexy and mysterious. It suits you

Stefanie Valentine said...

What a gorgeous dress and beautiful shoes!

Jennifer Dawn said...

Beautiful :)
I lovelovelove your shoes!

http://andohsofancy.blogspot.com

Vesna said...

Love your blog and your outfits :)

Sales, Smiles and Styles said...

You wear black so well! and those shoes are fricken awesome!! ;) xx

MarieBayArea said...

admiring the winged eyeliner...you are so very beautiful. i adore the photography too.

Mammamusing said...

I really enjoy reading your blog.

Your makeup in these pics is gorgeous :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...