Thursday, 6 January 2011

herb bread and salad

herb bread salad d

Now I have my own little herb garden, I am really enjoying cooking with my growing green goodies. I am also very lucky in that my mother-in-law grows lots of herbs and vegetables. She has chickens, too – free range orange-yolked eggs! Today was my first day back at work, so this was my quick and delicious dinner :)

herb bread salad e

I put some of my rosemary and thyme into good olive oil. This is my mother-in-law's garlic – it is very small this time but it is the best garlic I've tasted for months and months. I am going to need more than one though ;)

herb bread salad h

Chop chop.

herb bread salad i

Onto the best pita bread, which goes into the oven and soon comes out again

herb bread salad j

Let the wine breathe a bit because it really makes a big difference

herb bread salad b

And add a good heap from the mountain of salad (honestly, it was bigger than my head) that I had with it. Then add add add nom nom nom. Yum!

herb bread salad a

14 comments:

Mez said...

yummmmmmmmmmmmmmm this looks SO good!!!!! Homegrown and made is always SO much better and this meal is no exception!!!

la pie qui chante pour un oui pour un non said...

Mmmmhhh...
It looks very good and TASTY!!
Have a nice day!

Old Cow said...

Nom Nom NOM!!

Wonderful photos and it all looks scrummy.

Esz said...

Oooh tasty that looks so simple and delicious. Nothing beats quality flavour like home grown garlic hehe.

And the wine of course you can't go past wine. Though I've been drinking a lot of beer lately - so refreshing. Goes down much too easy - especially that Monteiths Summer Ale. Omnomnom.

Colourful Buttons said...

Looks yummy! :-)

Cheers,
Kaelyn
http://colourfulbuttons.blogspot.com/

Erin Smith said...

This made my tummy rumble :)
Must be wonderful to have fresh produce, yum!!!

Merle said...

that looks very good :)

http://www.schnuersenkelrolltreppentod.blogspot.com

Natascha said...

I really like your blog and your pictures :)

http://fullmoonsblog.blogspot.com/

vio said...

yummy!

http://microphoneheart.blogspot.com

Saving Capulet said...

looks super healthy and yummy!!

Velvet said...

Yum! It looks delicious.

MissMarbelle said...

Yum! How great to have access to lovely fresh foods. Mmmmmm garlic!

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

Loved this post. That meal looks superb. It just needs some flakes of parmesan over it. Yummo! xx

Leah said...

Hmmm its look yummy !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...