Friday, 14 January 2011

ideally...

perfect b

So, now that the paint has dried, I am going through my clothes and putting things away again. Or at least I am supposed to be. What is actually happening is I've been looking at the massive laundry bag in the living room. It's been looking back at me. Things are spilling out of it, and I know decisions need to be made! I hid it behind the couch. I can deal with it this weekend.

In an ideal world, my wardrobe – wait! my wardrobeS – would contain beautiful vintage dresses, skirts and tops. There would be plenty to chose from, but it couldn't be called full; there would be a luxurious amount space between each matching, oh, maybe white? or padded? hanger. No squashing in here! Little magical rabbits would clean, iron and tidy things – when they weren't cooking me fresh dinners and dragging the hoover about... wait. I am getting off track.

perfect a

So. Everything always clean and ready to wear... and every night I would hang up a dress ready for the next day on my pigs. This last bit I can do :)

1950s dresses: from all over the world!

perfect c

17 comments:

Destiny said...

I love the blue dress! The shape looks amazing!

Smacko said...

Your ideal closet sounds beautiful and perfect to me! I would have tons of vintage clothes on wooden hangers, scarfs on the walls and tons of vintage boots. A girl can dream right? ;)
Love and Turtledoves,
Jacqueilne

strawberry moth said...

You have the most charming witty humor, it is always such a pleasure to read!
Wouldn't it be wonderful if all our wardrobe dreams came true. I imagine a closet similar to Clueless, but at least a girl can dream.

xo, Strawberry moth

thethreelivesof... said...

Lovely post.... I wish I had a troupe of wardrobe fairies to look after the contents of my wardrobe x

Jitterbugdoll said...

That sounds like my ideal world too—wouldn’t it be lovely to have never-ending closet space and little helpers that magically do the laundry!

Tilly said...

Your closet looks so pretty! Ah ha the bit you said about rabbits cleaning it made me laugh! I have a bunny and he certainly doesn't clean my clothes for me if anything he nibbles them then makes a little nest in them!

I love your blog, whenever I click on it i spend at least half an hour looking through all your pretty pictures! <3

Virginia Blue - Director Blue Fruit said...

When the little magic rabbits have finished, they better come over to my place to sort out my wardrobe too! I love the picture you have created of a sweetly organised space. Ah... to dream.

Solanah said...

Hahaha! I need those little magical rabbits :)

Your wardrobe is amazing, wish I could paint mine!

xoxo
Solanah

My name is Renée. said...

Haha, wish my wardrobe would also be like in your ideal world ;)

FoofandFaff said...

Ah this sounds good to me, my wardrobe (well, clothes rail!) is totally crammed, gotta make space! :)

Lisa said...

The grey dress at the very end is so prim and pretty. Wish I had one like it, all occasion-ready!!

Lesley said...

where can i hire of one these little wardrobe wonders?


:) the dresses are beautiful.

Filipa said...

Hey Esme, just discovering your blog! :) I know what you mean about the wardrobe(s), I'm the worst when it comes to laundry, it just seems like SO much effort so I always put it off and off and off, until I get annoyed because I have nothing to wear! UGH! :) But that could be one of my new years resolutions, perhaps? :)

sueper said...

new closets always start very nice and tudy but end up as ...

amelie. said...

I just came across your blog and I seriously love your wardrobe. All those wonderful dresses, wow.
x
thecurlyhead.blogspot.com/

Leah said...

Hi, I’ve just post on my blog an article with my favorite outfits for January, you’re in, if you don’t want I can deleted the picture and off course I’ve linked to your blog. Thanks Leah.

christie said...

those little white rabbits sounds divine, if you ever do come across any, please send me some :)

Your pictures are beautiful! Makes me want to go out and buy myself a few dozen vintage dresses just because.

www.christie86.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...