Tuesday, 18 January 2011

polka dots and parcels

dots parcel e

Yesterday I put together a parcel for a lovely lady on the other side of the world.

I am horrendously late at getting this done – but when I went through all my stuff the other day, I knew there were things in there that were perfect for this l'il ole thing making its way to the US of A. (Ugh, that rhymes. I did a rhyme! I didn't mean it.)

dots parcel g

Everything in there matches to something else (perfectionist, much? Erm, well, actually not really – I just like matching colours. Easily pleased.) as you can see – all the skirts have a top to match and I am pretty sure these colours are just perfect for their intended.

dots parcel h

Babycat is always so very helpful at putting her fluff on everything in the world ever. She checks out my choices (what do you think, Bebe? Yep, I talk to my cat. A lot. But it's ok, I don't really expect answers or anything.)

dots parcel i

Babycat thinks it's pretty stupid that I ask her anything. Is that pity in her eyes..? Luckily this is going to someone who loves cats as much as I do!

dots parcel d

I want parcels to look nice, but I like to reuse as much packaging as I can. I am reusing tissue paper (and look! Toning purples! Oh, happy day) and new polka dot tape.

dots parcel a
Dots on dots!

Oh, and look – a bow! Haha (I'm sorry, I just can't bring myself to use lol. Not here!)

dots parcel c

And into the ugly-but-practical-and-at-least-I-am-reusing-it post tough bag. I was so chuffed to tape it all up I forgot to write the card – I'll do that right now. It's a bird card.

dots parcel b

Fly birdy, fly!

See you later :)

17 comments:

Dizzy Miss Lizzy said...

Awww! This post is so adoreable! What a beautiful parcel sender you are :)

Yoshi said...

Wow this looks amazing. I really hope it goes safely to wherever it's going!

Filipa said...

Whoever is getting that parcel is one very lucky lady! :)

Q's Daydream said...

Pretty! I wonder...is it going to Vixen Vintage?
I want to do a trade with you sometime! :o)

Esz said...

Hehehe Babycat has a look of disdain - kitties are ever so good at that. And the fluff - oh my god the FLUFF.

My 'wardrobe room' ie, the spare bedroom which has now become my wardrobe and fabric cutting space - is cat free. The only place in the house the kitties are not allowed to go. That way I keep fluffs off (most) of my clothes.
It does however, make said kitties unbearably curious as to the contents of The Forbidden Room, so they will attempt entry at any opportunity. Naughty kitties!

Little Ocean Annie said...

A lovely little package! I always reuse packages, too, so I like to make sure the inside is pretty. I love the tape you chose and the little bow!

xoxo

Andi B. Goode said...

Hehe, you are so adorable. I love your commentary for the photos.
-Andi x

Penny Dreadful said...

I try to reuse packaging as well, so much gets sent through the post these days that it is wasteful just to throw is away. I always just hope that people understand it isn't because I am being cheap! Whoever gets this amazing parcel is a lucky girl indeed. And I am a little bit in love with Baby Cat x

My name is Renée. said...

Aw your cat is so adorable! And I talk to my cat too haha!

SexyNinjaMonkey said...

Don't worry i also talk to my pets.
It's always funny when you imagine how it must look to someone else.

Nikita B... said...

I love reading your blog and think that you're impeccable so I've nominated you for a Stylish Blogger Award!

Head over to my blog for more details.

Kisses,

Nikita B...

Frivolous said...

What a beautiful parcel! I always believe that presents are so much better when beautifully wrapped :)

I've nominated you for a Stylish Blogger Award :) Details at http://princessfrivolous.blogspot.com xoxo

Lou Lou Barbie said...

You're so cute!

www.louloubarbie.blogspot.com

The Diva's Polish said...

No. That's not pity, it's love. And the person lucky enough to receive the parcel will love it too :)

a cat of impossible colour said...

Ooh, ooh, is it me, is it me??? I am excited! Mink is excited! His excited face looks a lot like his disgruntled face, though, so it's hard to tell.

PuppyLovePrincess said...

ah! love that polka dot tape!

Celia C. M. said...

Cats are just the perfect listeners :D héhé

http://nocturnal-bird.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...