Monday, 28 February 2011

black and cream floral dress

yeldre b

Well, I finally finished painting the yellow room, well, yellow – a lovely creamy buttery shade which is, appropriately enough, called Butter. Until last week this room was a horrible, overcrowded, dingy-white painted bike shed, and a general dumping ground for things that didn't belong anywhere else. After a bit of hard work under the floorboards, we now have a carpeted cellar (hehe, of sorts – it really isn't as grand as I just made it sound – but it is most awesome and useful) for storage, and this room, a study proper, although we have been jokingly referring to it as our sun room and the term is starting to stick. Now we need to put up pictures (left a bit, down a bit) and lots of shelves (down a bit, left a bit) and find a good lamp, and maybe a little table and chairs set. It's nice in here :)

yeldre a

I am out of practice – I forgot to list the details. The dress is from Alannah Hill, and the shoes are Jeffry Campbell – but you knew about the shoes already :)

I love this dress – it's pretty much a favourite at the moment. And, see, it's silk, it's good in summer and winter (so goes my reasoning) and, well, I just really like it. Especially with my ridiculously high platforms, which, in case anyone was wondering, are really easy to walk in.

yeldre c

yeldre e

It's the last day of summer here, not that you'd notice; it's really grey and gloomy and it's been raining on and off all day. I'm not really a summer person, and although it would have been nice to have some more sunny, warm, let's-go-outside kind of days, I am so chuffed to be going into Autumn. It's still my favourite season, even though it is so different from the London Autumn I will always be in love with, and I am looking forward to wearing my warmer clothes – and this time that means lots of velvet, my trusty black cape (I wouldn't mind finding a heavier waterproof one, though, but I do like this one), my black '40s wool suit jacket, various fluffy scarfy-collary things and some vintage hats I picked up last week.

yeldre h

yeldre d

yeldre g

26 comments:

ApricotTarts said...

That dress is sweet! I bet it would look great with an autumn-y pair of burnt orange tights to complement the flowers :)

Jenni said...

Love your dress, love your couch, love your beautiful, buttery walls! :D

http://aspiredlevant.blogspot.com

www.amyflyingakite.com said...

Stunning. as always.

You are picturesque, as is your home. The floral fabrics are yummy!


sweetness xx
hope to hear from you*!
love amy ^.^
www.amyflyingakite.com

Hep~Kitten said...

The room looks great and so does your outfit I love your Jeffrey Campbell's!!

For The Vintage Fashionista

ina said...

That dress suits you perfectly, no wonder it's a favourite. I like it!

Marcelo Baez said...

Wow! you look like a super cute Spiderwoman in the second photo!

Mel.d said...

Gorgeous pics as usual, love ur sensibilities. I have been following ur blog for a while and have been delighted. I love looking back and watching ur style develop. I am a thrift-aholic, I hate waste and as a nurse and mother to a little girl it makes economical sense and old things are so much more beautiful and give me a joy that I rarly get from
the new. Thanks for opening ur life up to us all a little, I get a real joy from ur posts.

Renae said...

Love the walls, the dress and your couch! Is that a Betty Jo owl I spy?
I'm very excited about autumn tomorrow. Bring on scarves!

Lauren said...

Adorable dress, I love the pattern and style. The floral headpiece is gorgeous too.

I don't think Sydney can make up it's mind what season to be. A few days ago we had melting hot day, and today it was sunny, then overcast and looked like it was gonna rain. So confusing.

Charlie, Feminine Bravery said...

you look beautiful as always, and that dress paired with those heels looks amazing!

xxx Charlie
Enter my Lipstick Giveaway!

Ellie Rigby said...

Love the head band/ wreath! Where'd you get it?

Charlotte said...

I don't comment often but I'm an avid reader - I adore your quirky, unique style that puts huge heavy platform shoes with a delicate silk floral dress and a dainty rose headband.

xx Charlotte
Tuppence Ha'penny Vintage

magnolia*mama said...

oooh you're sun room is outrageous cute! As is your dress/platforms/face. I love the fabric on that couch/futon?? It's amazing! xo

Fat Aus said...

i love your dress!

Anonymous said...

Love the shoes.

Sara said...

Ohh you look stunning, that dress is very pretty! And love the sofa!

Artesanato feito a mão said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lou Lou Barbie said...

I love your dress. So mod.

louloubarbie.blogspot.com

*indie_queen* said...

The dress is beautiful and your place is looking great!

Sleekit said...

Beautiful Autumnal colours, Wow those shoes are awesome, enjoy you new abode (painting is a past time that brings out the worst in me), but you seem to have glided through with great beauty and finesse.

Sleekit x

cakesandshakes said...

Yeah, it's pretty transitional with the seasons here at the moment, exciting! Nice to see the decorating is coming along so well, you're very dedicated!

cakesandshakes.wordpress.com

cellulite cream said...

Nice dress! I particularly love the picture of you with that floral headband.

Esz said...

You're looking lovely as ever :-)

Great to see the house renos are coming along. Must feel so good to be able to change as many things about it as you want.

fredericaknits said...

You're really beautiful. And I think I'm in love with those shoes!

owls and orchids said...

A beautifully put together post. Lovely colours, delicious looking soup and fab outfit! Autumn is my favourite season.

taxi Toronto said...

cute
especially in second photo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...