Wednesday, 2 February 2011

floral skirts and fruit and veg

fruveg a

floski b

I always find this time of year a bit hard for one reason and another. I think everyone does, a bit, really; going back to work after the break – even if you are one of the lucky few that likes their jobs – is always a shock to your I-only-just-relaxed system. John and I are doing some reasonably big renos at home, too, and cramming it in to each weekend (it's very much at the I-need-the-Mr's-muscle-power stage. One task of many: shifting 4msquare of broken concrete...) can get pretty frustrating – I like progress! I like to see things change and I want it now, dammit, now! (Yep, I'm so fun to live with right now...) Add to this general run down-y-ness from too many late nights and early mornings... you get the idea.

fruveg b

To help beat this malaise I loaded up on even more fruit and veg at the markets last weekend than usual, and plan to eat the whole lot this week. This basket here only shows, oh, maybe a third of what we got! And now it's all mango lime chili tofu, mint and cumin tofu (we're not vegetarian, we just like the stuff!) vege rostis and fresh salads... all with heaps of raw veg on top. And the fruit..! I think my favourite thing about the Australian summer might just be all the delicious fruit... passion fruit and papaya are a current favourite. Nom nom nom.

floski c

I got this skirt from etsy in a pique of frustration – this time clothes related – last Spring; finding summer skirts is surprisingly hard, and I just loved the floral print and the colouring of this one. I love that faded blue.

floski a

top // H&M a long long long long time ago
skirt // etsy.com
shoes // remix vintage shoes
basket // cyclestyle

floski d

21 comments:

Sara said...

I like very much those pics of you with a fruit basket. So colourful and yum!

-Sara
autumn, coffee and inspiration

harbourmaster said...

I am LOVING your hair at the moment, every way you style it is gorgeous!

VildesVerden said...

That is pretty. Makes me long for summer!

Anja said...

I'm looking at your beautiful floral skirts and dresses and I miss summer so much! There is a snowy cold winter in Poland :(

Sheila said...

I love Your hair!

Emjie said...

I love, love, love the shoes.
I have recently been down the home upgrade path, and like you want to see the changes happening. It is frustrating when it takes a while. But when it all done, you really feel like you found the end of the rainbow.
By the way, the mango lime chili tofu sounds delish. If it's not a bother, could you email the recipe.

sueper said...

perfect - love the top

Selma said...

so beautiful! Love the Vintage dress! xXx

Talia said...

wonderful shoes. I like the romantic basket with vegatables ;)

Dylana Suarez said...

Gorgeous girl! I love your skirt and your beautiful retro look!

xoxo,

colormenana.blogspot.com

FoofandFaff said...

Good for you guys eating all that veg, I'm a bit of a 5-a-day phobic... Loving your skirt! :)

CurlyChronicles said...

what a gorgeous skirt! I love the softness and flirtiness of it :) so romantic!

Jennyboo said...

So so pretty! I love the skirt-it makes me excited for the Spring. xoxo

Gabrielle said...

I love the effortless hairdo paired with the flower pin. Super cute.

Hannah said...

Absolutely beautiful ♥

I love the processing on these photos, so soft and yummy :)

Boo Boo Kitty said...

I Love this skirt.

I ve just ordered a rose print skirt online, just waiting for it to arrive :)

Hayley said...

Hey there. You mention a little in your posts that you find it tricky to find good light summer dresses. I picked up the most beautiful blue and white striped dress at Forever New for $100 and they have very cute pant suits as well at the moment. Definitely check them out. :)

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

Love that skirt. You seem to find the cutest things on Etsy. xx

sacramento said...

Such an inspiration...
I am putting you in my blogroll from this minute.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

MarieBayArea said...

you look the picture of spring. i want your pretty top and that lovely skirt. the floral print is darling.

AngeliqueDama said...

I really like the skirt and heels:D
Kisses

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...