Monday, 14 February 2011

home, dust, paint... and a wet cat

dust a

These last four days we have been busy painting our house; well, the living room, the kitchen and a hallway. So almost half of the house. We have finished most of it, and now there is just the tidying up of a few bits and pieces left to do. It's been hard work, but really worth it – and quite fun, really. I can't wait to have everything finished and put back where it should be. I am also really looking forward to wearing some nice clothes and some very impractical shoes! Oh, I've missed my 5 inch platforms!

So, here is a bit of what we have been up to. We sanded the place (it is now several mm bigger, honestly), Babycat was very helpful, I got paint in my hair... and we managed to bath Babycat today. Considering she was pottering about with us the whole time, she did really well – she didn't get any paint on herself at all. Well done Babycat. She was due a shampooing, though, and is now a super clean stringy furred beast. She will be a magnificent fluffy puff by the morning...

dust c

dust d

dust e

In non-painting news: I have new shoes. They are high and bright and very nice indeed, and completely impractical. I hope to take pictures tomorrow. There, I've said it, now, so that means I have to do it ;)

dust f

dust b

9 comments:

Merowyn said...

sososososooooo cute!! Love that Babycat helped you in the best way possible, by being beautiful. Gorgeous photos. ♥

Renée said...

I washed my cat last week and it's always a horrible experience for him. Good luck with all the painting!

Charlie, Feminine Bravery said...

Oooh can't wait to see the new shoes!

Gabrielle said...

Babycat made me laugh due to the way she looks in these pictures. Whenever animals get wet they take on another look entirely.

CurlyChronicles said...

aww, she's so adorable, I love the day after fluff that cats have from a bath! :) Yay for new shoes and for home decorating, look forward to seeing the result!

Esz said...

How on earth do you manage to wash her? If I tried the same with my dear Boofy he'd claw me to death.

esme and the lane way said...

Merowyn: she is a very thoughtful helpful cat.... hehe :) thanks!


Renée: don't you wish we could somehow exlpain to them that neing washed is all good? The painting is never ending, well, almost done now, and it is worth it :D

Charlie, Feminine Bravery: the photos are ready to go! I will put them up tonight :)

Gabrielle: haha I know, they look so funny! Babycat looks small and spindly and woe begone, so different from her usual splendid diva self! Poor kitteh :)

CurlyChronicles: Yay indeed! The shoe pics are ready..! The painting is... almost ready..!

Esz: haha oh no! BC is very placid, she doesn't like the bath but she tolerates it. She just lets out this awful yowwwwwwl every now and then. She gets better with each bath, though. But yeah, she is the only cat I've had that I would bath!

Leah said...

Hi, I’ve just post on my blog an article with my favorite outfits for February, you’re in, if you don’t want I can deleted the picture and off course I’ve linked to your blog. Thanks Leah.

http://hapiness-love-music.blogspot.com

wardrobeexperience said...

awesome new shoes and gorgrous fotos.

I'm following ....

http://www.wardrobexperience.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...