Monday, 7 March 2011

moon rocks (and coral skirts)

blorblro a

We went on a little day trip west on Saturday. On the way there, we found a quiet beach with these amazing black and grey rocks rather than sand. Don't be fooled by my high heels – I love being outdoors and exploring rock pools or forests or abandoned buildings and so on, and am absolutely as sure footed as a mountain goat (or so I told myself clambering over those big boulders). And these shoes aren't all that high, really. I left my foxys in the car...

blorblro c

The day didn't go quite as planned, not at all in a bad way – but it did mean that we were taking photos not much after noon just after the end of the Australian summer, so it was bright white light and burn out a-go-go. We were going to take some more pictures later in the afternoon, but by then we were all tuckered out and having naps at home! It was so nice to get out and about, though, and we have promised ourselves to do it way more often.

As you can see, we didn't end up taking any outfit pics proper (we took lots of pictures jelly fish) but I was wearing an Alannah Hill blouse, a 1970s skirt and belt from op shops, vintage socks (new in their little box when I got them) and my olde trusty(e?) brogue heels that are almost ready to be retired. I need replacements for them! Oh! And Mr took the pics of me :)

blorblro d

blorblro f

blorblro g

28 comments:

Jasmin said...

wow absolutely gorgeous photos, so jealous of the sunshine!!! x

Merowyn said...

These photos are beautiful I love the blue ribbed socks with your brown shoes. Blue and brown is such an underrated colour combo!

esme and the lane way said...

Jasmin: thanks! I forgot to credit my Mr who took the pics of me, though – I'd better edit that now :)

Merowyn: thanks very much! It's true!

Rebeccak said...

Looks like an absolutely glorious day! Love little feet big feet :)

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

i love the first and last photo. something about shoes and socks. also love the pop of coral in the first pic!

Hep~Kitten said...

what lovely photos!! The coral skirt looks delightful on you!!

For The Vintage Fashionista

Erin said...

Gorgeous photos! looks like an amazing day :)
I went to the beach yesterday and had the same problem with photos burning out and the light being too harsh. But the sun made the water sparkle so i can't really complain :)
I like seeing a little cameo from your man; looks like he's the fashionable sort too, if his shoes are anything to go by!
xErin

anodetoreverie.blogspot.com

Miss Bentley said...

Gorgeous Shoes!

The Mint Palace said...

Lovely outfit :) I especially like the last photo!! Cute ;) xx

Lindsay @ A Walk in the Closet said...

Lol! Love the contrast of you and your mister. It reminds me of me and mine. So cute!

Miss Emmi said...

I actually really like that the second photo of you isn't perfectly focused, it gives it an old fashioned feel.

Carys said...

Gorgeous pictures!! Especially the one of the shoes together, it's adorable!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

Lovely photos and love Alannah Hill! I miss the sea. xx

PrettyDamnCute said...

Love the pics, especially the shoes! Who made your brogues?

Ellie said...

That looks strangely like Finders...?

Jo said...

I adore these photos! You have the cutest fringe! And I think your shoes are just dreamy! x www.lostinthehaze.com

Miss Claire said...

Oh, lovely colours! I'm rather fond of yur Mr's shoes, too!

xx Claire
www.jemimaandgeraldine.blogspot.com

Lucy-Mae said...

These lovely pictures are making me dread the arrival of winter!

Fleur said...

Nice pics! :)

xoxo

Gabby said...

The foot comparison pictures are just to funny for words. Major difference!

www.thegiftofgab-gabby.blogspot.com

cclarebear said...

love those pics.
and the man-shoes are fantastic!!!! my other half is going to need them if show him...

Sleekit said...

Your feet look so small in that last pic, cute! (love the brogues too, my fella also has a pair that he recently rescued from the nature strip) The weekend was glorious huh

Sleekit x

wardrobeexperience said...

beautiful photos!
it sounds so strange to read about the first day of autmn, when spring just has started here in europe!

http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.com

Bella_K said...

as always a beautiful post!! Love your shoes!!

best caterers in Toronto said...

you are self like a moon:) good day..thanx for share

Dika Dewi said...

red!!!!!!!
Damn I lOve it..
nice outfit..
:-))

ANewPairOfVintageBoots said...

love the last picture! And your blouse is super cute (:

MarieBayArea said...

i love your skirt. the longer length looks terrific on you. the colors of your outfit are so pretty. looks like a wonderful day trip you and your mister had.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...