Tuesday, 8 March 2011

late afternoon early evening

latflo z

My Mr wants to get to grips a bit more with using a DSLR (for me? Nope, for those jellyfish), so in a spare 20 mins before dinner last Sunday we had a very hammy photo taking session. I think he did a great job! We'd had a family lunch that day, and for a million reasons I was more tired than I think I've felt for years (and our fire alarm letting us know at 5.30am that morning that it really wants new batteries didn't help) – and we had some warm summery weather, too. I mentioned a little while ago that I would like a Victorian-y white cotton dress, and this is the closest thing I have to it. I got it years ago, and hadn't worn it for a while, but for a hot day when even getting dressed kind of hurt, its loose shape and softness was perfect. I think I will wear it with black tights and a black 1940s jacket this winter... we'll see.

And please take these pics in the tongue-in-cheek context we made them in. Dear me, you don't think I take myself too seriously here, do you?! We had a good laugh doing this and I hope you can have a bit of a laugh too ;p

dress :: Sass & Bide, ummmm, 2007? Maybe even 2006
socks :: topshop.com
shoes :: jeffry campbell (looking at my blog you'd think I don't have a full bookshelf (poor books, they need a new home) of shoes... and I want – wait, I need, for practical reasons – two (count 'em) more pairs... )


latflo y

latflo s

latflo j

latflo a

latflo h

latflo d

latflo b

latflo c

34 comments:

Merowyn said...

These photos, as tongue in cheek as you say there are.... are actually stunning.

That afternoon sunlight, your Victorian dress the lippy! Perfection!!!

You're beautiful!!!!

Porcelina said...

Beautiful photographs!

Miss P xx

Penicillium said...

These photos are nice, I like the luminosity.
But seeing all those deads leaves is a bit depressing for someone who's just entering in spring ! :-)

Blue Fruit said...

Very Ophelia in the lake!
I love these shots, and the whole outfit, but I am rather smitten with those stunning shoes.

Hannah said...

such beautiful afternoon light!

Jasmin said...

the photos look gorgeous, you both did an amazing job x

Sammy said...

this is soo dreamy and soo autumny i love it

Vintagesuburbia said...

Oh my gosh, you look like the 'Lady of Shalott' (I probably mispelt that, but I am pretty sure its not 'shallots'!)(cue laughter) Your shoes are death-defying - you really are my shoe idol (I am bowing as I type!) As I am relegated to flats due to a self-inflicted ballet injury I am living vicariously through you. Thank you!
Mx
PS your Mr is getting very good at the old photography there!

Girl in Oslo. said...

Love you in that dress girl:)

Greetings from Norway...

Bella_K said...

What a beautiful shoot!! I love your dress, so soft & flowy!! It would've been perefect for the QLD summer :)
Gorgeous blog!! x

bonita said...

~ * ♥ * ~

I really like the first photo Esme, and the others look good too!

I am loving the socks with your shoes ~ I am so keen to try this look out myself. : D

xox,
bonita of Depict This!
~ * ♥ * ~

Nina said...

WOW!
the photo's are absolutely fantastic!! I love it!!!

Shady Del Knight said...

Surreal! Enchanting! An otherworldly dreamscape! Does beauty like this really exist?

Dakota C. Walsh said...

Your dress is gorgeous!! The lighting in these pictures is really amazing too; hammy or no, they look like they belong in a magazine.

Charlotte said...

very gorgeous! I'm in love with that rose headband.

xx Charlotte
Tuppence Ha'penny Vintage

sueper said...

very 70s

Tatiana said...

Esme these images are simply impeccable. The light, your style, and the subtle colors are amazing. Love!
-tatiana

Carys said...

I don't think they look 'tongue in cheek' at all, they look like such genuinely amazing photography, and you look so graceful and lovely!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

Valeria said...

Lovely outfit, lovely background, lovely light, lovely... everything!

http://fashinspirations.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

all of these pictures could be ads in a magazine!! seriously!!

Pretty Little Pictures said...

It's gorgeous lighting!! I'm currently taking a course on using my DSLR and its been amazing, there are so many fancy things cameras can do. Good luck to your Mr :)

*indie_queen* said...

These photos are beautiful and I'm glad you had fun doing them. Your fella sounds like mine, he's got all excited about taking pictures of me in bizarre places haha

themissadventurejournals.com said...

Wow, what beautiful pictures. My Google Reader but this blog at the top of my recommendations list and I can see why. Looking forward to reading more entries.
Siobhan

Jo said...

I adore your headband! Did you make it yourself? x www.lostinthehaze.com

The Diva's Polish said...

perfection. so ethereal and you are beautiful.

Louder than Silence said...

My oh my, what a gorgeous girl you are! Absolutely love these dreamy shots. Sally x

mahaila said...

Taking photos is fun and it looks like you guys had a great time. Really nice photos. I like the composition and the lighting. You look lovely!

Jazzy E (hivennn) said...

So beautiful. x hivennn

stacey margaret said...

oh my, these pictures are freakin beautiful. especially the last one, i am in awe.

casperandpearl.blogspot.com(for my label, having a giveaway)

stcymargaret.blogspot.com (personal one)

have a lovely day. I know i will after stumbling across your blog!

Lita Larkin said...

stunning photos! the light is great x

http://litaslaw.blogspot.com/

Fran said...

Gorgeous images, the lighting is beautiful.

www.alittlevintagestory.blogspot.com

Ula said...

I think your Mr did a lovely job, beautiful dress too

MarieBayArea said...

these photos are stunning. you look like an angel

b. said...

Dreamy photos, so ethereal..!
I'm really glad I found your blog; I'll definitely be back :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...