Friday, 4 March 2011

pictures, paintings

picture a

I managed to squeeze in a quick visit to my local op shop today, and the unbelievable happened – I actually found exactly what I was looking for! And not just on one count, but two; I went looking for framed pictures and lamps, and found... a lovely, really big picture, and a lovely tall lamp, complete with the perfect shade of (har har) shade. Score! I have been looking for pictures and lamps for eons, but I don't find them very often. Sometimes, pictures, yes, but I can count them on one hand, but never, ever lamps. So. Hooray. We pick up the lamp tomorrow morning (it's too unwieldy for me to stagger about with, as it's about 6 feet high) and if the deco trunk I spied today is still there, that might just be coming home with us too.

I also found two perfect blouses (I had these two colours in mind – mustard and olive green – and bingo!) and a nice dark green velvet winter coat – with a hood! and duffel toggles! and a fluffy fluff thing lining the hood! Thanks, op shop gods, nice work... I am a happy lady. I hope your Fridays are treating you well, too.

Tomorrow I am having a day trip with the beloved betrothed and I promise to take pics – and I am sure there will be an outfit post in there, too :) Oh, and I am having a super fantastic give away soon soon sooooon... watch this space! xxx

13 comments:

Esz said...

What luck with the op-shopping! Can't wait to see those blouses. I'm quite the fan of olive green. And mustard too though that one doesn't suit me so well so I admire it on others!

Merowyn said...

That picture is pretty amazing, spooky, serene - beautiful.

Have a lovely weekend honey!!!

Janelle aka Nelly said...

Well done cant wait to see your lamp and hope you get the trunk too.
I love it when we find what we are looking for I just found a black maxi dress the other day been looking for one for a few months and dont like buying new.
But it happens alot to me and others too I am sure.
Now have to wait for my authentic 50s prom dress and a chandelier (cheap) amongst other things,wish me luck lol

Hannah said...

amazing! What fabulous luck you had, I can't wait till that day comes for me :)

Laura said...

Is the image the picture you got? if so you need to a a cute little bunny to the centre!

Ellie said...

I want outfit pics now! Cooler days always seem to leave me craving green, and the opshop gods are often smiling... enjoy!

Girl in Oslo. said...

Gorgeous:)

Greetings from Norway...

Rosy said...

Oh, How I enjoy your photos and reading, I expect pictures tomorrow ....

Lou Lou Barbie said...

What a beautiful painting. It looks like a fairytale forest.

Have a nice trip :-)

louloubarbie.blogspot.com

Jo said...

Gorgeous image! And I love the sound of the mustard blouse <3 can't wait to see photographs! x www.lostinthehaze.com

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

Isn't it wonderful when the op-shop angels deliver? We also had a good morning at the op-shops. Several floral skirts for myself and a stack of Disney books my five year old girl has been wishing for. And other days you go and nothing for ages. That's why I love the hunt.
And the picture is wonderful. xx

Ula said...

What a lovely painting, amazing that it came from your local op shop, I think I need to take a trip to my local charity store =)

Ula said...

What a lovely painting, amazing that it came from your local op shop, I think I need to take a trip to my local charity store =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...