Friday, 18 March 2011

train bridges and bike rides

trbrbiri b

My almost-husband and I went on a bike ride a few days ago. It was pretty perfect bike riding weather, too – I am so glad summer is winding up. I think I get a bit over some things at the end of the season; at the moment I am a leeetle bit tired of floral sun dresses – but then that is probably because I more or less lived in them during the past, what, four months or so. I will never be tired of floral dresses for long, though. (In fact, come to think of it, I have a great 1970s(-does-1930s) one I got a few weeks ago... I might have to wear that to dinner tonight. Yes, I think I will. Oh good. Decision made.)

Still, it was nice to wear something else, and a dark green silk skirt and a pleated 1970s top – made form only the finest polyesters, so not ideal for summer proper – topped off (or should that be bottomed?) with my black and silver glitter socks – which I really am very fond of at the moment. Will this pass? Who can say. With my most amazingly comfortable heels ever, it was a pretty good riding outfit – I did have to tie the skirt in a knot, though. Melbourne is a breezy little town...

trbrbiri e

And it was a lovely, long, bike riding day. Melbourne has some really great bike tracks, and this one has some pretty cool rusty (erm, not too rusty) old train bridges along the way. There was bike riding, there was jumping, and there was sitting down in some plush grass... and, despite the factor 30, I added more to my collection of freckles.

And a certain someone is making a bit of an appearance! Can you see him? Thanks to him for taking the pics of me. xxx

trbrbiri g

trbrbiri h

trbrbiri f

trbrbiri i

trbrbiri j

pleated cream 1970s top, thin black belt, cream vintage gloves :: op shops
green silk skirt :: h&m, c. 2002
black glittery socks :: country road (but I can explaaain... we were buying man jumpers)
shoes :: remix vintage shoes

trbrbiri k

trbrbiri c

trbrbiri a

trbrbiri d

24 comments:

Blithely Unaware said...

You do the socks and shoes look SO well, I wish I could pull it off.

That old bridge is amazing, I think I know where it is. Beautiful spot.

Have an amazing weekend!

Hep~Kitten said...

Lovely photos and I love your heels!!
For The Vintage Fashionista

josephinetalepeddler said...

Stunning! Love the Australian light. Your almost-husband captured it perfectly. Really charming and optimistic photos. Love, love them. xx

*indie_queen* said...

That top is lovely, even if it is polyester! Looks like you had a beautiful bike ride

Shady Del Knight said...

Once again these photos have a dreamlike quality and you are far too beautiful to be real!

Dakota C. Walsh said...

Oh, this is gorgeous! I love your blouse and gloves; the whole outfit has a kind of 20s/30s silhouette which is so lovely. I love seeing that late summer landscape, too; looks heavenly compared to the early spring brownness over here!

Jenny Morris said...

gah! so beautiful. did you know you're inspiring my spring wardrobe? hello from montreal!

fashionmademefunky.blogspot.com

Christy said...

Your posts are just lovely. These photos are beautiful--the greenery is so lush and the colors so saturated that I almost feel as though I'm standing outside on a muggy summer day. <3

Libby, Vintage Aplomb said...

These photos are absolutely beautiful! I love your bike, your outfit, your gloves, everything!!!

soychild. said...

So gorgeous! The outfit, scenery, everything.

It's starting to turn into spring in the States and I live in one of the hottest regions :/ but the transition between seasons are the absolute best!!

Hannah said...

Lovely shots, and it is nice to have a change of wardrobe. In the UK its pretty much layers all year round! x

SoapyMermaid said...

wonderful landscapes

Velvet said...

I love love love your bike! These pics are really beautiful, your boy is definitely a talented photographer.

Cassie said...

Love this post. I'm a newer reader and I've been blown away with your settings for your shoots. The bike and dancing photos are so fun. Love the action shots!

Rosy said...

What a beautiful place! It smells like fresh air and freedom.

Gina said...

There's nothing like a bike ride with your sweetheart! I miss our hilarious yellow matching bicycles...

xoxo,
Gina

Girl in Oslo. said...

You look great as always sweety:)

Have a great day.

MarieBayArea said...

that place is gorgeous! and so are you. your blouse and skirt are a perfect pair.

Marisa Violeta said...

Everytime I look ate your pictures I feel so dreamy! You look lovely as usual!

A Whimsical Girl Named Debbie said...

You are just the cutest thing! And you look darling in your socks and heels! Your outfit is divine! Thank you bunches for visiting GirlWhimsy!

xoxo
http://girlwhimsy.blogspot.com

Vintage Rules said...

Great outfit and I want your bike

MissMarbelle said...

Haha, I walked into Country Road the other day (there really isn't much choice of what to look at on a lunchbreak when you work in Sth Yarra!) and found myself actually wanting things... I assume I'm just getting old, but perhaps it was because there was a cool breeze that day and everything in there always looks so snuggly.

Honor said...

that's a lovely bike :)

themissadventurejournals.com said...

I love this outfit. The socks and shoes are so perfect together. It shouldn't work but it does oh so well.
Siobhan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...